Summer 2020 Booking Question

I booked for Oct this year and went with the whole package type thing. Thought about it and said for what I and my wife eat the Dinning Plan was not worth the money. Later on we decided to book in April of 2020. This made the AP attractive because of discounts and overall better ticket price over the 365 day period of purchase. We stay at POR and love it. Never done FQ. We bought the AP’s and canceled our ticket purchase via MVT. We also have locked in our dates with MVT and like everyone else that’s going via an agent we are waiting for any discounts to be applied in the coming year. MVT does have discounted tickets and I think a little price break on DDP.

Also one can cancel their MVT plans up to 5 days before there vacation. I believe after that they prorate your deposit over those days if you cancel in less time.

Thanks for all the help! An agent from MVT got back to me today. She said that she would book now because some resort categories and dates are selling out for 2020. That way we will have something set and can apply a discount if one would become available. I do feel a slight bit of guilt about switching to a different travel agency, but with prices going up, it would be nice to have a chance at a discounted rate. The last two times it was just whatever promotion Disney had going on at the time.

Two final (probably not!) questions about MVT. Am I correct in thinking that I will not have a fee to use their services? Also, would it be difficult to do a split stay with them if I decide to start with a less expensive resort and then move to a different resort? Thanks!

1 Like

thank you for reporting back @Jennifer_B_568600!

i’m trying to decide if i want to book with mvt. i’ve never used an agent so it’s all new to me.

does mvt also track disney promos? for example, if i have a reservation and if mvt-only discounts do not apply to my dates but disney promos do, will mvt automatically try for that promo on my behalf?

thanks so much!

I have done a split stay with two MVT offers and a split MVT/DVC (I am an owner).

MVT agents are the same as most Disney agents, there is no fee for their services. I usually book, change my mind and resort a couple of times, add dining, add people, take people off… my agent has never complained. They will do as little or as much as you want.

My agent has always checked my offer against any new offer. For example, one April my agent emailed me asking about contact and preferences. In case Disney offered free dining at the same time as my agency Labor Day deal. She also asked permission to call me before 5am if she saw an offer but felt she needed my ok.

thank you! :grinning:

this info is very helpful and makes me feel confident knowing mvt will manage my reservation and cover all bases for promos/discounts whether from them or disney.

1 Like

Make sure your agent knows if you are willing to change resorts for a discount!

If one needs a discount to go ahead, and is not set on a specific resort, is there any advantage to booking now?

Example: I want a WL courtyard room for April 2020. However, if the public discounts release and that location/room type isn’t part of it, I’d be will to switch to another type, or resort, in order to chase the savings. Can’t I accomplish the same thing by just not booking now and grab whatever looks best when the discounts appear?

In other words, booking a rack rate “placeholder” reservation doesn’t increase my chances of getting a discount on that reservation, or any other discount for any alternative I switch to in the future, does it?

great tip! thanks!

@jeremy1002 just announced on Twitter

https://twitter.com/backsideofmagic/status/1143504857283878912?s=21

MVT will be announcing some discounts.

1 Like

Thanks! That’s good news!

1 Like

I went ahead and booked a package for my family and my parents with MVT. The agent has been very good about getting back to me. Now, we just wait and see what happens with any discounts!

2 Likes