Suggestion for HS break

It’s been mentioned that it can be nice to take a break from the worst of the mid-day crowds & lines at HS. Although the skyliner seems like a fun treat itself (we’re staying at BLT so otherwise have no reason to take it), any suggestions on a particular place to go? Obviously we can’t park hop to Epcot but are any of the connected resorts nice for exploring?

My DH and I just rode it for fun. CBR has white sandy beaches with hammocks if you want to stop off there?

2 Likes

:point_up_2: That’s a great option.

You can also ride the skyliner all the way to Riviera and they have a large outdoor seating area and lots of green space if you wanted to order a QS meal there or have a drink.

1 Like

I definitely recommend taking the skyliner and checking out CBR, Riviera or Pop Century or AOA. A great way just to get out of the heat.

1 Like

That sounds really good!

Like the Poly? In the pictures it seems to be centered around the pool so I didn’t realize there was green too. Nature=Relaxing to us.

1 Like

Good ideas. I have been looking at the options of places to eat at HS and except for HBD, I have been drawing a blank. With the shortened hours, I had the mind set of not taking any breaks that involved leaving the parks, but a ride on the skyliner to eat some place else, is a good idea.

Now, the question will be, what is a good spot to eat that is open at one of the skyliner resorts?

1 Like

It’s not lush like with lots of trees. More like large area with sidewalks around small areas of short grass (like putting greens) with benches, tables and umbrellas spread out.

Here are dinning options at CBR https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/caribbean-beach-resort/dining/

1 Like

Thank you. I didn’t even think of looking it up by looking up the resorts. The resort description does at least tell you if a restaurant is not open at this time.

1 Like

The only two resorts (on the skyliner route) w/ dinning other than a food court are Riviera and CBR. Opps I forgot about Yacht, BCR, BW… from skyliner at EC you could easily walk to the Swalphin resorts too.

1 Like

Bar Riva at the Riviera would be an excellent place for a break, especially if they bring back the Monte Cristo sandwich!