Suddenly tasked with a possible 10 person Tron trip

Thank you so much for the speedy reply! You are amazing! Yeah, by your calculations, it seems like it would be stupid not to get the AP’s. Plus yeah, maybe we’d get a nice discount on the hotels. We shall see what our finances look like by 2021, but I’m getting excited already!!

1 Like

Ha! Welcome to my world. I am currently planning a trip for 12 in August (2 seniors, 7 adults, and 3 teens). We got together as a group initially to pick the dates. My Dad has flown for work for years and racked up enough miles for airfare and accommodations for all of us. He also used points to get two mini vans. We are on our own for food (our condos have full kitchens), park tickets, and anything else.

Knowing that my mom would want everyone to do everything together (realistically I know this won’t happen, but that is the “plan”), we set a date for a planning meeting. I came prepared with several sample plans already loaded into TP. Everyone came with their list of MUST SEE attractions. We got huge 3M sticky paper and put it on the wall and listed out the attractions for each park we were going to. This helped us determine how much time at each park. I plugged them all in to the plans and basically came up with our itinerary. We plan on bringing food onsite for lunches and will likely eat dinners back at the condos save for a couple meals at the parks. Other than my tickets being lost by USPS (and then magically appeared at my neighbors house), it’s been pretty smooth.

My sister and I are basically doing everything. I tend to take the reigns in these kind of situations and I am a bit of a control freak, while the rest of my family tends to be indecisive, so it works out. We used TP on a trip to DL about 4 years ago and it made a WORLD of difference. We went in June and only waited more than 10-15 minutes in a line once and that is because we went off plan and were sucked into PP.

1 Like

And to BeckyT13’s point, I fully expect this to happen to us. I will arm everyone with our TP plans and if they want to go their separate ways, so be it. My sister has already mentioned several times that she doesn’t want to be rushed around and wants to “soak it all in”, but the reality are our plans are pretty basic and I optimized them for the least amount of walking.

2 Likes

Congrats on all of the free points for flights and things! That must be a great help!
It sounds like you have approached your family trips in a great way. I imagine I will handle it similarly. I think I might bring some TP samples at Christmas and try to poll people about park and ride preferences. I got to talk to the oldest of the kids today (16 now) to get an idea of her thrill ride tolerance.

1 Like