Stuff to do...outside the parks! (UOR)

Again… I highly recommend this! You don’t even feel like you are at a theme park - or even Orlando.

I’m eating at Mama Della’s one night next trip. I’ve come to realize that the best restaurants at UOR are at the Lowe’s Premier Hotels. I’m gonna eat too much pasta, stroll around Portifino listening to the Opera singer and take the taxi there / walk back

2 Likes

Nope, it’s 10 lanes.

Water Taxi to Portofino Bay for sure!

1 Like

You caught me being hyperbolic! :rofl:

I still stand by my point that it’s a tiny space that isn’t a great place to “hang out”.

There’s, literally, not much else in that entire space than what’s in your picture! (There’s a check-in desk / shoe rental right behind where that photo was taken and that’s about it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

If I am staying there and my kid needed something to do, I’d consider it. However, I’m not going over there at Noon to put my name on a list for later! IMHO - it’s more of a hotel amenity than a destination!

1 Like

How about Go karts at Fun Spot America? They have multilevel tracks and are very close to Universal.

I haven’t actually gone but reviews are good.

1 Like

Which is why CB is the awesomest!! :wink::laughing:

1 Like

I’ve said I’ll never stay there again, but just yesterday I caught myself looking at an amazing rate there! :crazy_face:

If you’ve got kids and don’t want to be inside the parks all day / night CBBR is a great place to keep the family entertained! I travel solo or with other adults only, so it’s not the best place for me to stay.

2 Likes

We booked online the day before - but we were on-site, maybe that’s what you mean?

4 Likes

Oh that’s new!! :+1:t2:

When we went you had to line up at around 5pm and slots were first come first served.

1 Like

The dueling piano bar at Pat O’Brien’s on Citywalk is an absolute blast. We went there as a family (with 9 year old & 6 year old) and sat in the main dining room, near the stage with the pianos.

A ton of fun and good food. And they have Beignets!

5 Likes

Yeah, that would not be good.

1 Like

If you’re looking to do an escape room I would check out how far in advance they’re taking reservations. I would recommend the Jurassic Park one over the Back to the Future one. We enjoyed it a lot more. And I think it’s a better choice for your DS13.

1 Like

Thanks. Yeah. I think we were leaning toward the JP one. I will check how far in advance we need to make reservations.

2 Likes