Struggling to cancel

Well, I wasn’t expecting this, but I’m in the throws of a full-on depressive episode. It’s probably more to do with Christmas than any other one specific thing, but my lack of access to any WDW park, not just now but for months and months more, is certainly not helping. Especially when, if I may be so childish, I see that it is not cut off for many others.

I’ve switched off all the Disney feeds I have on Facebook and so on, and I’m probably going to disappear from here for a while, too.

2 Likes

Do what you need to do, but we will miss you! You’re always welcome here. (At least speaking for those whom you haven’t irrevocably offended. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

3 Likes

So sorry! Wish there was something we could do … This can be a tough time of year even when there isn’t a pandemic. :cry:

3 Likes

“You’ll be back …
like before”

3 Likes

That’s exactly it…it will never be the original trip with my kid the age she was. It was the perfect plan last March and there are still days I can’t believe we didn’t go! The sadness is real. We are booked again for this March but 95%sure we will be cancelling. Looks like 2022 for us.

Lasers were fired. Peace out Liner fam. 2022…

3 Likes

Oh man, sorry to hear—- I’m planning for 2022 as well.

I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s how long I have to wait to go as well. I am really feeling it today. :cry:

1 Like

So sorry, man. That is just beyond depressing. So many cancellations, rebookings, and more cancellations. 2020 can’t be over soon enough, and hoping for some pixie dust for your family to be able to take that next trip sooner than you might think.

Why not book a resort for fall 2021 just to have something? That gives a fair amount of time for the world (not The World, but the world) to look different. It would be far enough off that you can avoid spending time of tp and dining res for a while. Essentially, book the resort and agree that you won’t discuss it for the next 6 months.

1 Like

Dude doesn’t want to get murdered or divorced

6 Likes

So DW just casually mentioned we should maybe go to WDW soon. Like in the next month or so. In case the new virus variant(s) locks everything down. I had trips fully booked and planned for Presidents’ Day week AND spring break. Which I canceled. Now flights are through the roof and no way I’m doing it

Now is my turn to shoot lasers from MY eyes!!!

Sorry to resurrect this thread. Just had to vent

9 Likes

If it makes you feel better, I don’t think there will be lockdowns from the new variants. I mean, there’s a chance, but it’s more likely they would be in the shorter term anyway (next 2 months). Even if the vaccines are only 50% effective against the new strains, once we have vaccinated enough people it will be much easier to control the spread even if it’s not “herd immunity” per se.

Some experts are saying we are at that point now. Herd immunity means with NO interventions / life as usual. So if you need 70% vaccinated with no interventions, you may only need 50% if people are wearing masks (not real numbers, just spitballing). Lockdowns should be off the table soonish, IMHO.

I should have specified that we have been tossing around the idea of going in June. The idea is that DW and I will likely be vaccinated by then. Another reason I was floored when she suggested we go sooner. Before were vaccinated Sometimes she is an enigma…

2 Likes

Wow, not what I am seeing. AA main cabin round trip PHL to MCO is $110 +taxes.

I’ve got $2k in SW credits I need to use. Rebooking from my existing June flights to March when we could most easily go would be an extra $1000. Spring break…

Wow. That’s crazy. I was looking at the first week of March.

:woman_facepalming:t2:

2 Likes

Southwest has its free changes going on now for 3/11-4/11. So you could book a cheaper flight in that window and then change it to the flight you want between 2/9 and 5/11. In case you are still tempted to go. Has been on for a few days so not sure how much longer it will go.

3 Likes