Stroller Rental - guests must now meet delivery driver?

We rented a double stroller from Kingdom Strollers (a Disney Featured Stroller Provider) for our visit in 2017. I went to reserve another stroller for our upcoming trip in October 2021 and the website says Disney now requires guests to meet the deliver driver for drop-off and pick-up. Is this true? Has anyone been recently that can confirm or deny this? We will be staying on property at Bay Lake Tower. If true, that’s very disappointing. Does anyone have an alternative vendor that would not require us to be there for the driver?

Will you be flying? There are some stroller rental companies that have pick-up/drop-off at the airport, would that work?

1 Like

I believe scooterbug.com is now the only stroller company that delivers to resorts without having to meet them, and they will leave it with bell services.

We used them this past May and had a great experience. We used Kingdom Strollers prior to our last trip and Scooter Bug was just as good and perhaps a little nicer quality.

Yes, this is Disney’s new policy since Oct.1, 2019 - unless you are renting from ScooterBug. ScooterBug is the only third-party vendor who can drop off the stroller, wheelchair, or ECV at Bell Services. For all other companies, you have to meet them yourself.

I’m pretty sure Kingdom is that very company

We have used Kingdom and Orlando stroller rentals. Both now require you to meet them at a resort. Alternatively, you can pick up from their warehouse if you have a rental car or you can pick it up from a kiosk at the airport.

1 Like

What a bummer, thanks for asking this question, you saved me a lot of headache!!

Update for anyone who is curious: We ended up choosing to rent our stroller from Orlando Stroller Rentals (also a Disney Featured Stroller Rental). Both Kingdom Strollers and OSR offer pick-up and return at the Orlando airport so no need to deal with meeting a delivery driver. We chose OSR over Kingdom because their pick-up location is advertised as being right next to the Magical Express area (although this may not be as important to those travelling beginning January 2022). We’ve already had a flight number change and their customer service has been excellent. Hopefully I will be able to say the same about their product when we actually take possession of the stroller.

1 Like

Following:)