Strange e-mail from DRC regarding Jan reservation at Beach Club

I got an e-mail today regarding my january reservation at BC:

We are excited that you are planning to visit us at the Walt Disney World® Resort and we would like to speak with you regarding your upcoming reservation at Disney’s Beach Club Resort. You may reach us at 407.939.7866 and we will be happy to assist you from 9 AM until 9 PM EST

Does anyone have an idea what this might be about? is it typical for them to request a call as opposed to calling / e-mailing me?

I’m not terribly excited about calling because I’m at a 7hr time difference compared to the US, I usually end up waiting in queue and it’s surprisingly expensive.

1 Like

Does it have anything to do with BC being closed in Jan?

I called the reservation line a few weeks ago to change our resort to BC or YC for our December trip and she told me BC would not be open (and YC was all booked up). I’d imagine they may be contacting you for that reason. Why they sent you that email versus calling, I’m not sure. Probably because it’s easier for them.

1 Like

It is likely they want to move you to another resort. Looks similar to an email my son got.

2 Likes

I’ve got a reservation for Beach Club in January but haven’t received any communication yet. I’ll let you know if I do…

1 Like

Is there a freephone number you can use? There is for the U.K. and also one for Ireland. Try the “contact us” option from the Help drop down for your regional WDW site.

Otherwise I would email Guest Services and explain that a phone call is too expensive. Give them your reservation details and ask them to email you back.

2 Likes

Apparently not opening by January.
I just attempted 4 days, mid-week, mid-Jan and there is NO availability

Ok, seems likely that its about switching resorts. I wish they’d write that in the e-mail, it’s easy to dismiss a mail like that… I will get in touch

Not a big deal since it’s 99% I’ll cancel my whole US trip anyways and move it to sometime in the spring

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but did you ever find out what it was about? I just got the same e-mail and I’m not spending hours on hold from a European number.

Sorry no, I cancelled the whole trip soon after that last post

In my case it was probably about moving us to another resort as I recall BC remained closed at that time.

Thanks for letting me know and I hope you got to go since then or will soon!

Did you get an email today about an upcoming trip?

Yes, it was sent two days ago but I only saw it today. It’s a reservation for Music for late September to early October.

Oh! That might be an upgrade!

1 Like

I’ve had good experience getting through to Guest Relations/Reservations later in the day (I live in California) and on the weekend, with minimal wait times. Not sure if that helps in your situation but thought it worth mentioning.

1 Like

I’m on hold now while they’re processing the upgrade. The e-mail said 9a-9p so I called right when they opened. They’re moving us to CBR.

6 Likes

Would have been nice to give you a toll-free number to use since WDW asked OP to call them

3 Likes

In my, albeit limited, experience toll-free numbers across the Atlantic don’t end up being toll free. The only way I’ve managed to call an 1-800 for free is using Skype. So it wouldn’t have made a difference, really. Fortunately my phone plan includes 45 minutes of non-EU calls and the call went less than a minute over that.

2 Likes