Storybook dining at Artist Point

Hi, I was wondering how successful people have been at securing reservations for storybook dining as there never seems to be any availability. My 180 window is coming up and I am staying on site so will have some additional days to play with but just wondered my likely chance of success :grinning:

I’ve managed to find two ADRs (for two different trips) very close to our travel dates–one was two weeks before and one was the night before.
If you don’t get one at 180 days, set up a TP reservation finder request.

2 Likes

It wasn’t even Storybook at my 180 mark. I think it started in December? My trip was booked for end of January. I put it into res finder and had found two 4 person reservations within a week. So, I’d definitely say you have a chance!!

1 Like

Yesterday was my 180 day mark and we were able to book it for the night before we leave.

2 Likes

I was able to get a table for 2 at 160 days for 7:30.

2 Likes

We got one for 7 people at our 180 day +3 mark- although for 430! But we would have taken anything!

2 Likes

Booked 180+4 for party of 8 for this August at 4:30. You should be good a few days in if you are flexible with the time. Good luck

1 Like

I’m going in September and was able to get the time for 2 at 4:50 on our 180 +4 mark. Disclaimer: it was well before SWGE was announced to open 12 days before.

1 Like

I am wondering the same thing. We are going in OCT and want to get the new Storybook as well. Hope to make it on our 5th night there, so based on the inputs I think we should be able to get one. 2 weeks till ADR drop day. Fingers Crossed.

1 Like

Cool sounds like I stand a chance. I was hoping for a reservation on the second night but will try to push it back to 4th or 5th. Thanks all

1 Like

Update:
Today was our ADR drop day.
I was logged in with 2 computers (my DD12 was running the second one) and refreshed right at 0600. We snagged every ADR we wanted at the exact times!! So happy! Now lets hope that FPP day goes as well.

Got:
Artist Point (D+3)
Be Our Guest Dinner
Ohana Breakfast
Sci-Fi Dine In Lunch
Garden Grill Lunch
Rainforest Cafe Lunch
Yak & Yeti Dinner

My DD12 is so excited that we got AP, we were not sure that was going to happen, but I guess the early bird gets the worm.

7 Likes

My January experience was a lot of res finder notifications came through in the last month.

2 Likes

Congrats on a successful ADR day!

2 Likes

We didn’t book our trip until ~160 days out, at which point I found Artist Point for 6 at 8:30pm. That was really too late for us with little kids so I was able to modify it to 4:15 pm. Unfortunately I noticed this week (~day 120) that I had replaced my booking for 6 people with one for 4 ppl, and NOTHING is available now. Am really really hoping I can get a reservation at a similar time for 2 (that they’ll be willing to combine) as it grows nearer.

I think I got mine for two people at probably about 90 days out, but hadn’t even looked for availability before then because I didn’t know I wanted to go.

1 Like

In doing my semi-daily checking, I found a prime time (5:45pm) AP dining for tomorrow, but nothing further out. So if anyone is looking for tomorrow, it was there as of a few minutes ago.
Yes, I know I could wait for res finder, but other people will get notifications then, too! I want to be first. #obsessed.

1 Like

Res finder worked for me big time with AP. It got me not 1, but 2, AP reservations. The first time I just set it to look for dinner and a couple weeks later I got an 8:45. That was really later than I wanted so I set a specific time and about a week after that, I got 7:15. Bingo! I’m so pleased with res finder in general. It has helped me several times.

1 Like