Still undecided

Hi everyone, We are visiting Orlando for 2 weeks in April 2019. Either Tues 2nd - 16th, or Fri 5th - 19th which is good Friday. The latter would be preferable as the kids would miss less school and it’s 2 days less holiday for DH and I to take off. That option will be more expensive, I wish I could work out by exactly how much, by best guess is around 500. I’m still undecided on whether to stay at WDW or universal first and booking time is fast approaching. I was leaning towards starting with WDW and finishing at universal, but star wars race weekend is on the first week, which rather puts me off. Others have said not to worry about it, but I am now leaning towards WDW last. Last time we were in Florida, we did a week at WDW, and with the time difference from the UK it made early mornings very easy, but staying up late was a bit tricky. It would be nice to see more of the parks in the evening, but I know we’ll get alot more done at WDW by making rope drop. They are lovely things to think about and ponder. I’m waiting for the UK free dining offer to come out and it usually includes all holidays, however I’m a bit disturbed to see that on the Disney site the BC doesn’t haven’t any standard rooms still available for a whole week next April.

I would do Universal first then WDW. There’s more “magic” at WDW so some people feel a little but of a letdown when they do Universal last.

1 Like

Thanks. I’m wondering is Disney is removing their cheapest standard room availabilty in preparation for releasing free dining

There are a lot of subjective variables here. Personally, I would try to avoid WDW over the Easter weekend or the week before. By all accounts that I’ve read, races don’t really impact the parks all that much.

2 Likes

I have a hunch that the standard rooms at BC are held for travel agencies.

1 Like

Yes, I would assume so, especially those that don’t give you a room choice. There is standard room availability every night but not for a whole week. I think I have a new plan, AKL for a week if I can get free dining, and we’ll do the space centre and seaworld during that time, and then 3 nights at BC to completely relax and enjoy stormalong bay and the Flower & Garden show, and we’ll end with 4 nights at Universal. I think that’s it.

1 Like

Can I please tag along on your trip?? This sounds amazing! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Great plan! Ending at Universal will be more relaxing, especially if you can stay onsite and get Express Pass.