Sticker shock

This thread “forced” me to book a 2023 MVT deal.

15 Likes

We shall see next month, since it doesn’t look like I’ll have any luck finding anything else but HRH. I got all excited the other day because Portofino CL (my preference, because I love the pool and they offer hot breakfast items in the club lounge) came up, and I hit book without hesitating but by the time I got to checkout it said “items in your itinerary are no longer available” :tired_face:

3 Likes

Just wanted to update.

I received a quote and promptly looked up the dates on the hotel website, the quote was over $700 less!!

Needless to say I have sent them my deposit for the reservation!!

As a Canadian you just have choose a random state when entering your address and then put your actual full address in the notes portion.

So far its an amazing help! So glad I learned about it here!

5 Likes

I prefer RPR to HRH.
It’s always cheaper for my dates too.

Absolutely tick it off your list. Nothing wrong with it at all. The short walk to city walk and the pool slide are great reasons to give it a go.

2 Likes

We will not be seeing how I like HRH next month after all, since I got Portofino CL instead (for realsies this time, booked and confirmed).

3 Likes

First time at PB?
Exciting either way :+1:t2:

No… we’ve stayed there twice before… one CL, once in a regular room. I really liked the pool there, and the way everything wasn’t crammed into the lobby.

1 Like

Cool :+1:t2:
You must like it then :laughing:

Update…so for now I have reserved the last week of June at HRH. No tickets yet, and with the hotel being refundable up to 5 days prior to check in I will keep an eye out for discounts and AP discounts. For some reason the last week of June had a “savvy traveler” discount available that none of the other summer weeks had. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

In my experience, the Savvy Traveler rates have been better than any AP discounts. Although, the AP discounts for premier hotels have been few and far between.

4 Likes

That’s weird, it’s always been the opposite for me. AP rates have been better.

2 Likes

Yes, the savvy traveler discount wasn’t much, but it was at least something. When I’ve checked out AP prices they seem to be much lower. I will keep checking, especially a few months out.

1 Like

I’m so glad I found this thread. I had Sapphire Falls booked for a week in November 2022 with annual pass discount. I submitted for a quote for the same dates through MVT (which I’ve never heard of before) for Royal Pacific and it was only about $25 more per night with discounted parking! Awesome deal!

8 Likes

Hello all. Bumping this thread because I need some opinions. In two weeks we are heading to Orlando and will be going to Universal for two nights. I have not been to UO since early 90’s and only remember the Jaws ride.
Anyway, I had booked seasonal rate HRH club level for 509$/night as mentioned upthread…and have been checking back a couple times a day for other options. This morning, saw Portofino for 350$/night AP rate for our dates so I booked. I do not have an AP and would need to upgrade to a seasonal pass at cost of 150$ and have no return plans currently. Have never stayed club level…it is me, DH, DD7 and DS5 and we are not big eaters—that is to say, we could easily and happily make a meal out of the club level offerings. Is it worth the hassle of going to park to upgrade to AP before checking in and losing club level for a net $150 savings or would you just stick to HRH club level?

1 Like

I think in the process of typing it out, I answered my own question…but still interested in what other people would do

There would be a vacation planning desk in the lobby to purchase the AP.

Unlike Disney, the evening offerings at club level easily provide a full meal. I always have breakfast and dinner at Universal CLs (plus unlimited water and snacks for the room). Will you be going to Disney before or after? I usually do CL first and have enough waters/snacks in my room to bring with me too.

2 Likes

Disney before for a day and then after for 5 nights. I like the idea of bringing the water over because that tap water is swampy

1 Like

There should also be bags of chips, sometimes uncrustables, at mid-day.

2 Likes

Awesome! I had searched threads a couple weeks ago and found some sample menus of club level offerings along with some pictures of the spread from one of the other UO premier hotels that I believe you had posted a while back and these were super helpful! I’m definitely going to stick with HRH club level, it makes sense for my family and so close to the travel date, my mind is already set on it. I’ve got to get past my constant scarcity mentality booking strategies

1 Like