Sticker shock

Is there a catch to these MVT rates? Do you have to prepay? No cancellations? Have to use them for tickets? This seems to imply some limitation:

I’m not very familiar with MVT so any explanation you can give is appreciated.

There is no catch. I have cancelled, modified, changed the names so many times……

What you have to pay to hold it can change depending on deal.

3 Likes

In my experience its the standard first night as the deposit.

3 Likes

I agree now but it used to be $200 and when it needs to be payed in full has changed from time to time.

1 Like

I think the only limitations are the dates. I think they get travel agent-exclusive deals for blocks of rooms during slower periods. I would also imagine there is a limit, once they are full, they are full. I know their website lists a date you have to book by.

2 Likes

Does MVT have discounts for dates that aren’t listed on their main page? I think our dates are a week off from what they have posted right now… and I’m seeing only Deluxe hotel rates at $600+. sigh

1 Like

I’m thinking no.

They will extend a few days usually but you must include one of the dates in the deal usually.

2 Likes

Y’all were not kidding about the great MVT Universal deals, wow! Scored a great Portofino rate the end of President week Feb2023

6 Likes

I’m in the same boat…booked HRH club level for the end of September for $506/night because it was the only thing available there and have been checking back regularly to see if anything else pops up but everything that has, has been more expensive so have just become comfortable (not the right word) with this price

3 Likes

Exactly. I was really indecisive as to whether I would take my girls for an impromptu trip that week, then I got the MVT quote. I had to ask the gal whether the quote was total or per-night!

It settled my decision and we’re going. Incredible rates. I usually don’t have the luxury of going during less-busy times (which is unfortunately why my husband can’t go on the February trip and it’s just the kids & I).

4 Likes

Anyone with an Amex Platinum - I recently got one discovered this pretty nice UOR tactic:
(and had posted it recently in a FB group some of you may be in, maybe in another thread here too(?) so apologies for cross-post):

Still playing around with all the perks on the Amex Platinum - tried out a booking on the Fine Hotels portal for Universal area. Portofino Bay is the only hotel on the “Fine” portal and is going for exact same price as via Universal direct pricing.

You get an annual $200 hotel credit when booking something through the Amex portal on “Fine Hotels & Resorts” (1-day minimum) or “Hotel Collection” (2-day min). You also get a bevy of other perks with the Fine Hotels booking.

So, booking through the Amex portal you can use your $200 annual hotel credit, get 5x membership rewards points on the spend, plus (if available) early noon check in and room upgrade, guaranteed late 4pm check out, daily breakfast for 2, free WiFi and a $100 resort credit.

Pretty nice deal if you wanted to get a deluxe resort for the free Express pass.
Say you get Portofino for one night for $450 - so you have an Express Pass for two park days.
If you directly count the $200 and $100 credits at 100%, your 1 night is down to $150.
If you count the breakfast for two at something conservative like $30, you’re down to $120 for the night.

Plus, you get to check out at 4PM, and the possibility of a room upgrade, which is pretty nice.

11 Likes

I will say, keep an eye out. I arrived on 8/26 and just yesterday HRH popped for the first time with an AP discount since I have been watching rates (for over 2 months). Couldn’t come close to my MVT deal, but it was still much better than rack.

3 Likes

Hey there this sounds pretty interesting.

When I look on the site it says “book this offer” is that how I get a quote? Also I am in Canada will that matter?

I have never used this service before so I am total rookie any information is appreciated.

You click ‘book this offer’, fill out the form, and they contact you with availability and pricing :slight_smile:
Not sure on the Canadian thing - but I hope you can do it :smile:

1 Like

Thank you! I will let you know how I get on :smiley:

1 Like

Yeesh! Good thing I booked early. Prices at CB for my 22/23 winter holiday stay have gone up a lot, about 30%.

edit:
Well, well, well! The above referred to the Savvy Traveler Rate. But on ticketsatwork where I booked, the price actually dropped. Luckily I was able to rebook at the new rate.

1 Like

So for now, the last week of June is showing a “discount” (using that term loosely here) for the premier resorts. We have always stayed at Royal Pacific but are tempted to try Hard Rock. Convince me to switch to HRH…I LOVE the serenity of RP…:blush:

2 Likes

I’ve never stayed there, but I’m looking forward to staying there this December. I’m looking forward to the butterfly garden and the 5 minute walk to IOA.

If you love RP, I see no reason to switch. That said, I have stayed at HRH and loved it. The pool is great (I hear it’s better than RP), the hotel rooms are clean and new feeling, and it’s such a short walk to CityWalk and USF, and just a bit further to IoA than RP.

People who have stayed at both tend to like HRH better due to the pool and the rooms.

1 Like