Sticker shock--Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party

Yes, but this has be balanced against the economic loss of missed days of work (and non-economic loss of school days for those who have kids).

1 Like

And the cost of additional hotel/eating out.

5 Likes

I’m going to Jollywood because, New. I saw it got bad reviews. I’m ok with that. I will Find the Fun.

I went to MNSSHP in late August (itself insane). It was so crowded that you have to choose 2 or 3 things and hope for the best.

So I’m sad, but not going to MVMCP – I will find ways to enjoy the holiday offerings outside the party itself.

8 Likes

Yup I’m pivoting my plan after watching the videos and gonna throw in some top tier attractions instead of the music/bars. But I will def catch the actual shows still. HBD looked super unimpressive to me, like just the regular restaurant with a pianist and the Fiesta didn’t look that fabulous either so I’ll probably just walk thru real quick.

5 Likes

With a brand new event there are going to be issues. Especially opening night…Sadly, we are the guinea pigs for this…:crazy_face::laughing:

I’m hopeful that by after Thanksgiving and DHS having done a couple it more times it will be a little smoother.

From the videos I have seen the crowds aren’t really bad overall. It’s just that there’s only a few things to do that aren’t available in the daytime. So, the shows are packed and the cool bars are full.

4 Likes

Agree, I had high hopes for the HBD thing, but as the chances to get it are minimal I think I am no longer as interested. My priorities are the 2 shows and the unique photopass pictures.

6 Likes

I really wish the Twilight Soiree would have better tables and chairs and an official dance floor with a real bar where you can order real made to order drinks. Le Sigh.

6 Likes

Yes! All of this. It could have been amazing but they didn’t really put much effort into it. I’ll still have fun and am looking forward to the evening with friends, I was just hoping to be blown away by HBD and the TOT soiree. They missed a great opportunity here.

6 Likes

I am not big on the character meets but like the photopass photos! I will defiantly ride more rides than I thought I would - because how often can you ride Slinky Dog and TOT a few times in a row?

2 Likes

Years ago we did the morning extra event at HS…and rode Slinky 9 times in a row, once in each row. It was awesome! But they never brought back that event unfortunately.

2 Likes

and at night!!!

1 Like

Yes. I always bend over backward to push my LL to night! And then it backfires when I run out of time.

2 Likes