Steakhouse 71 then MK parking

Yeah. This is a great idea, actually. Monorail resort guests definitely should get first priority on the resort monorail line!

2 Likes

We have parked our car at the corresponding resort as an ADR and have left it well over the 3 hour limit on many occasions, even leaving at Poly overnight, with no problem. I wouldn’t worry about enforcement and park where ever is most convenient.

2 Likes

I’ve been a Liner since 2011, and this topic always stirs up controversy. It’s a battle between what is technically “correct” and “what you can get away with”. I’ve always been one who “plays by the rules”, so in the rare occasion when I am planning something like this, I cough up the money for valet.

5 Likes

As of yet, valet parking isn’t an option. If it is by our trip, this would be the best choice… although I prefer not to hand my keys off to someone else. (Can I pay for valet parking, but self park?)

There is valet parking, right now, at all the deluxe resorts… well not OKW

1 Like

I thought only those with handicapped parking could use valet.

complaint about Disney APs and perks. My UOA AP comes w/ free valet parking. Disney needs to step up their game. Oh wait… never mind they aren’t’ interested in my guest experience.

1 Like

hmmmm, IDK but I’ve been asked at contemp if I want valet parking… I do not have a handicap placard either.

2 Likes

since all the waiting music and other messages are out of date I wonder if that one is out of date too?

1 Like

Could be! Or, left to the discretion of each hotel?

well, that would be frustrating to planner that read the web site. I believe I was asked about valet parking at Kadani too.

Just about every single DVC resort has similar issues, not only BLT. My BWV dues pay for transportation but Swan/Dolphin guests are often told to walk to BW to get the MK bus.

I guess I was lucky and have never had an issue parking at BLT when I stayed there?

@ryan1, no way they are timing parking. Can anyone find a three hour limit (or any specific limit) posted anywhere?

3 Likes

Another thing to note is that in the past people would try to do this to avoid paying for parking. But we aren’t. Truth is, we don’t have to pay for parking anywhere. We are staying on site, so free parking at the parks…and we are staying DVC, so “free” parking at our resort. In this case it really just comes down to the fact that we were already going to be there.

Anyhow, I think if valet parking is available that will end up being first choice. (Still, prefer to self park.). Second choice will probably be walking to HS and then taking the Contemporary bus. We can take the Boardwalk bus back to the resort after the party.

(We are leaving at the crack of dawn the next morning to head home!)

I think it’s fair to say there’s a fairly even mix of people doing this. It’s a widely well-known way to avoid paying for parking if you’re offsite, but it’s also a widely-known way to get closer to a gate of your choice. I had A&C for breakfast for this purpose on our last day, but also had a second A&C at 7am for 1 because breakfast wasn’t until 10 and I didn’t feel like having to debate with the guard at the gate if it came to it… And I did a throwaway B&C for 1 for the same purpose on our arrival night. On both occasions I paid $10 to park, in my mind, as I did not cancel the reservation I had. Worth it to me, and we didn’t take a premium spot by far either time.

4 Likes

Where is it officially posted about a time limit for ADRs?

2 Likes

Good question. On the official Disney page, it doesn’t mention a time…but I did find a plan Disney page where an answer given mentions a 3 hour limit. Not sure that plan Disney is considered official…

I’ve read/seen that 3 hr ADR parking restriction somewhere too

It has been quoted a lot but about 6 months ago a few people looked for it and although it might have been in place once, it does not seem to be stated officially now.

5 Likes

I really thought I had read it on one of my ADR confirmations in MDE or something recently and thought about the time restriction. I can’t find it now, but I’ll post it if I run across it again. I didn’t follow the parking limit at the time, I rarely do.

1 Like

WDW table service restaurants are really expensive IMO. Seems reasonable that the benefit of being willing to fork out $150-$200+ for dinner would be parking.

WDW drives a complicated set of logistics, so love that folks in this forum do their research and make a plan that works best for their set of facts.

I have a Paris trip coming up in July, followed by a trip to Costa Rica next March… and finally a long overdue 8 night WDW trip next Thanksgiving, 2023.

My WDW trip is by far proving to be the most expensive (whaat?) and logistically challenging to plan. And… I’m renting a car in France to drive to Normandy from Paris and then all throughout Costa Rica as a single mom with two kiddos.

It’s WDW that feels like a Jenga game to me.

Love all the amazing solutions offered in this forum to make all of the logistics come together more seamlessly.

Thanks everyone for the great discussions and advice!

3 Likes