Steakhouse 71 then MK parking

Our plan is to have dinner earlyish at Steakhouse 71 on our final day, and then go into MK for the Christmas party. Due to our ADR, we can park at the Contemporary, no problem…but will we need to move our car over to the TTC? The party definitely puts us beyond the official 3 hour limit, but has Disney been enforcing this? And do you think they would be more likely to enforce it on a Christmas party night?

If we have to move it, we would probably want an even earlier Steakhouse 71 ADR to allow the additional time of getting from the TTC. Another option might be we just park at the TTC and take the resort monorail to the Contemporary from the start.

Thoughts?

2 Likes

I’m not sure I would chance trying to park there for the party. That sounds like a time that they would be monitoring. I think there is no time limit if you pay for valet parking. Don’t quote me on that, though.
Parking at TTC and taking the monorail sounds like the easier thing to do.

Others probably have much better ideas…

1 Like

Okay. We can always just take a bus from our resort to MK and walk to The Contemporary, but I have been hearing nightmarish reports on bus travel times. Maybe that will improve by the time our trip comes around.

Just trying to figure the most efficient way to do this!

ETA:. Oh. I just realized another option…walk over to HS and take the Contemporary bus directly!

So many options. But which is best…

Oooh, I like that idea!

1 Like

Just leave it. You’ll be fine.

7 Likes

We did this last year when the party was after hours and it was fine.

3 Likes

Unless they start writing down plate numbers or giving you a placard to put on your dash (and they are not doing this for registered guests) I don’t know how they would monitor this. Park and go.

2 Likes

They are never going to do that.

2 Likes

They used to, but I doubt they will go back to it. I was just making the point that since they don’t track anyone’s vehicle that it’s safe to park there.

2 Likes

I really, really dislike when people do this. So much so that we don’t even rent a car anymore so we aren’t stuck parking behind people avoiding TTC, or be tempted to do the same elsewhere.

But if people insist, can I just ask that they park away from the doors so that paying guests aren’t stuck in the back of the lot.

2 Likes

This is quite literally a “get off my lawn” issue for me.

4 Likes

Thank you for being the voice of reason in a sea of noise yet again. :rofl:

4 Likes

we do this often where we park at Contemporary and eat at Steakhouse 71, then close MK at 11pm. I don’t know why a 1am party would be any different.

3 Likes

I will have to admit to doing this. I park as close as I can to the MK walkway so not near the hotel. I also have to admit to having a bit of attitude about it because BLT is our home DVC resort and I think I should be able to park in the lot. My stupid fees pay for that lot damn it. I’m crabby.

8 Likes

Exactly. And for that “private” security/walkway.

And how crabby would you be if you were staying there on your points, and had a line at security longer than 5-10 minutes because the secret got out. Or you had to lug your groceries past an entire line of cars that you knew weren’t staying there.

I love my friends on here. And I get the draw.

I just wish this would be one of those taboo secrets we collectively don’t talk about outside of LaCava. Then I promise I will never click on the thread to bitch about it.

1 Like

Seriously though that has never happened to me. I’ve never struggled to find parking at BLT.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to manipulate things to get around the system…but just realizing that we will in fact be eating at S71 just before the Christmas party, so trying to figure the best way to handle it. Most convenient would be definitely be parking at The Contemporary, obviously.

2 Likes

And I’m sorry for sounding accusing.

You aren’t who I’m upset with. I’m more forecasting what I’m afraid will happen (though I have lugged groceries up the line before) with lines at security if we keep talking about it in the open forums.

I really am sorry, and I realize I’m going off the rails here.

So I’m going to stop posting because once I start I get manic about making people see my exact point.

1 Like

I get your point. Sometimes at park close I comment that you should have to show your room key to board the resort boats or monorail that have shorter lines. I’ve also used an ADR several times to not have to park at TTC and ridden the resort boat to the Poly and walked to TTC :grimacing: I’m a walking contradiction :woman_shrugging:

1 Like