Staying off site - Tips

Hi,

Last year we stayed on site and loved it. Planning to go back with family but they want to stay off site. Any tips for staying off site?

We stay offsite every year and love it. We stay at the Sheraton vistana resort, they have 1 and 2 bedroom villas with kitchens and washer/dryer, and an awesome (but big) property. Biggest thing is free parking, most other hotels in the area charge for parking which is a ripoff IMO. We were 1.5 miles from Disney property, and it took us 10 minutes at most to drive to the parks. If you have your own car, keep in mind it’s $20 to park at the parks each day. If you don’t have a car, don’t rely on the hotel’s transportation, I would rent uber instead.

I would want a rental if I do not drive down myself. I would not want to rely on hotel transportation.

I suggest you look into the benefits of getting 1 annual pass. Parking at $20/day, discounts on souvenirs, and food at some places. The photopass. Again I suggest for 1 person. And like @lgorgone said there is the parking fee of where you are staying as well.

Look at the cost of staying onsite vs offisite. Parking is free for guests staying at resorts, good transportation system with busses, and transport to and from the airport is included in your stay. So you may be able to save the cost of a rental car.

Also remember with a car there is more wait and travel time to get the shuttles, but you don’t have a packed bus.

Pros and cons to each.

1 Like

when are you going? I have a townhome in Windsor Hills that i rent to liners for $100 a night, 3 beds 3 baths , private pool.
www.parkhopperparadise.com. let me know in comments on the site that your a liner and we will get you set up.

We stayed as Sheratan Vistana Villages in a 2BR suite and had a great experience. I booked through mousesavers.com and got a great rate. Mousesavers has many suggestions for offsite hotels, with discounts.