Staying off site and trying to get to RD at MK - What transporation from TTC will get me to MK in time -I have group of 7 so taxi isn't a good option

Continuing the discussion from Disney Transportation:

Ferry and monorail would both work just fine. If park opens at 9, I would aim to park in the MK parking lot around 7:30 or 8:00. That early you’ll be up in the front of the parking lot and won’t even have to take the shuttle. Just walk right up to the TTC, and then go to the monorail or ferry. Both take just a couple minutes, and you should make it to MK in plenty of time.

1 Like

You could also pay for valet parking and CR and walk over to the gates so that you’re there as early as you want to be.

1 Like

How long are the monorails operating on a constrained schedule? Don’t they start right around park opening? If that’s still the case, ferry would be my pick. I like to get to RD at least 45min before opening and would allow maybe 15-30 min to get to the MK from the TTC.

1 Like

@Sam2071 - Here is the information regarding the schedule changes -

Important Announcement Regarding Monorail Service in 2014
As part of our continuing efforts to exceed the expectations of our Guests, select monorail services will not be available in the early morning and late evening from June 22 through the end of Summer 2014.

Please note the following monorail schedule changes:

• Resort Monorail – 8:30 AM to midnight
• Epcot Monorail – 9:30 AM to 11:30 PM
• Express Monorail – 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM

During this time, watercraft and motor coach options will still be available to help transport you to your destination

@mcgrathja - If you are visiting MK this summer, you’ll take a bus or ferry from TTC to MK for RD. As @B_squared stated, be sure and be parked at TTC by 7:30 or 8, for a 9 A.M. opening. If you want to make RD, make sure MK doesn’t have early EMH that day.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/monorail-transportation/

Thought so @MeetMeAtThePoly So, monorail isn’t an option for Rope Droppers at least through the end of the Summer. OP will need to take alternate transportation from the TTC or valet + walk from CR or something similar.

Right @Sam2071 - ferry or bus from TTC for RD.