Staying at Dolphin

We are staying at Dolphin for the first time in September. We have purchased our tickets online. Any suggestions for things to do around this resort area? Will we have magic bands? Tx!

We’ve never stayed there though it is on our possible list for this summer so if you have any words of wisdom post trips, I will be all ears. My thought about the area though is that it is so great. Shula’s is supposed to have amazing steaks and the walk to the BW, BC and YC are so close, as is Epcot. That’s the lure for me! Have a great time!

1 Like

No MBs, DME, DP or charging to the room but you have transportations to the parks, EMH and you already made your FPPs right?

1 Like

FPP done! We typically stay at a WDW resort but Im going for work and the meeting is here. Looking forward to seeing more of this area! Tx

1 Like

The first time I went to the BW area was on my 7th trip. My son turned to me and said, “I cannot believe it has taken you so long to bring me here”. First time in his life he was right :smiley: enjoy!

1 Like

Just came back from our second stay at Dolphin.

A few of our fave things to do b/c of location etc.-
boardwalk @night- little entertainment booths, pizza window, people watching
pool complex- great slide, plenty of chairs, not crowded
2 easy to enjoy counter service restaurants with good food
boat ride or walk to EP, HS
watching fw from balcony in room
Ds and Ddil enjoyed Bluezoo lounge one night while littles slept, Gm babysat

No MBs- I opted to just use cards for fam. I put in a lanyard, kept all in 1 spot - got teased a lot by fam, but no lost cards haha. We did photo them, though, on the ipad just in case.

2 Likes

What are the 2 counter service? We are planning 2 days in the park and were planning MK and Epcot but we will be going back to WDW in October and are now thinking DHS because of the Frozen activities. Thoughts?

The Fountain there at Dolphin is one of my favorite places… its like an olde soda shop a bit and has diner food. The Philly I had there in Feb was pretty good IMO

Yes the Fountain is cool, with kind of a 50’s vibe to it. Made a great falafel dish. Good ice cream too.

the Picabu - open 24 hours - is the other, kind of a cafteria setup, but with a warm and comfortable dining setting.

It was nice having comfortable counter service places to just fall into on a tired or busy time of day.

1 Like

Enjoy the pools if you have time. Also the boat trips are pleasant. I would walk to HS if the weather isn’t too hot. The Dolphin is beautiful and has a relaxed feel.

2 Likes