Starlight Safari times

I really want to take my family on the Starlight Safari, but I was just checking our date and it is booked. The only other time is the last night of our vacation which both 8:30 and 10:00 are available. If I choose 8:30 it means leaving Hollywood Studios early. If I choose 10:00 p.m. it means going on a night safari after two full days of Park walking the night before driving home. I’m torn on which time to choose. Do you think we’d be too tired to enjoy the 10:00 p.m.?
And does anyone ever cancel these things? Do you have a chance it will open up on my date and how would I know? Are there any alerts available out there for anything besides dining?

I’m sure like with anything else there’s a chance people will cancel, but since it’s just coming back online since the pandemic, and since it hasn’t even started running yet, there’s no way to know roughly how often that happens.

I would say keep checking. 10pm might be late after two full days in the park. We are doing the 10pm but that’s after a day of mostly rest. Also my kids are night owls by now (teenagers, by then 18 and 14) so if anyone will have a hard time it will be me LOL

Maybe book the 10pm for now if that’s all you can get and keep trying to get a different day/time that works better? It’s booking up fast so if you have availability at all and it’s important to you I’d take what’s out there to start with.

1 Like

That’s what I got to thinking too. I just went ahead and booked it. I’m just really nervous about it. They also have a 10:00 p.m. available the day we do Typhoon Lagoon. But I know we’re always so exhausted after going to a water park that I don’t think I should consider that one.

1 Like

Any chance you’d have napped and refreshed though, given water park hours, before 10pm safari?

1 Like

I thought of that too but we have a 7:30 dinner reservation at Story Book that night. I’m trying to change it now but I don’t see any other availability when we can go.

Oh then that wouldn’t work. Too close for comfort.

1 Like

I have only an 8:30 and a 10:00 on the same day. I wonder if we have the same dates

Probably not - the posts above are from a year ago. :wink:

But welcome to the forum!! :blush: