Star Wars Weekend questions breakfast, schedules, jedi training

We are going to the SWW on Sunday June 14th. I’m trying to make a touring plan but there are so many unknowns.

We have a ADR for The Jedi Mickey Breakfast at 8:20. Will we be able to make it to the 9:30 Beauty and Beast show afterward?

What time do I need to get in line in the morning to get my son into the Jedi Training? How long does The Jedi training take. Will I be assigned to a random time?

There are three show times coming up in the Touring Plan for the Premiere Theater for SWW. But I don’t see a schedule for the shows anywhere on Disney’s website. How does Touring Plans know what time the shows are? When does Disney announce what the shows are?

Are the lines for Star Tours especially long that day?

We’re going to the Character Breakfast, parade, premiere shows, fire works and hopefully Jedi Training. Hopefully get one celebrity autograph. Are we missing any other special SWW activities?

Thanks for the advice

1 Like

[quote=“Chad_lisa, post:1, topic:11994”]
What time do I need to get in line in the morning to get my son into the Jedi Training?[/quote]
From everything I’ve heard you have to do this first thing in the morning. A couple people reported Disney recently tested signing up before rope drop outside the park, but I wouldn’t count on that happening just yet, so you’ll have to make a beeline to sign up (with your child) as soon as the stormtrooper preshow ends and you’re free to walk around (probably a little after 7:45).

We have a ADR for The Jedi Mickey Breakfast at 8:20. Will we be able to make it to the 9:30 Beauty and Beast show afterward?[/quote]
I don’t think that’s enough time. It’s possible you’ll be done before then, but when I went last year service was slow and usually you don’t want to rush through a character meal (even though there aren’t many characters circulating). You might pull it off if you go to the restaurant right after signing up for Jedi Training Academy. Last year there was a delay after I checked in, then a photo with Darth Vader and Boba Fett before being seated. If you’re seated a little before your reservation time, and ask for your bill whenever they bring you your last course, then you may be able to make it back to the theater for Beauty and the Beast on time, but have a backup plan if that doesn’t work out.

There are three show times coming up in the Touring Plan for the Premiere Theater for SWW[/quote]
Star Wars shows have moved from the Premiere Theater, where they were last year, to the same theater where Beauty and the Beast is held. Touring Plans didn’t have any of these listed, so I’ve used breaks for my touring plans (the touring plans showtimes don’t have me arriving as early as I’d like anyway).

Kenny the Pirate has a table of show schedules that’s easier to read than finding them on the Disney website (on Disney’s site, you have to search for the times for each day of your trip for each show) - Star Wars Weekends 2015 Show Schedules and who will NOT be signing autographs - KennythePirate.com

Are the lines for Star Tours especially long that day?[/quote]
Not a whole lot longer than normal. I went for the first time last year and was expecting the ride to be mobbed. It was really crowded right after the parade, but other times I zipped through most of the queue. The ride loads a lot of people pretty quickly.

Are we missing any other special SWW activities?[/quote]
Character meets all around the parks, though these are really hard to schedule. If you’re only going to the there one day, then it’ll be tough, since you’re spending your morning at the breakfast and that’s the time you’re most likely to meet characters without huge lines. That’s ok, since you won’t see everything in a day anyway, but keep an eye out for anyone you want to try to meet.

There’s also a shop that’s worth a look if you have time.

1 Like

I am going to SWW for the first time in May. Based on what I have found, be there early for JTA signups, you can pick your time, but it is first come first serve. Star tours lines don’t get too bad, which was surprising to me. Also, be very early for the parade for seating. The route isn’t too long before the celebrities and characters get out to go on the stage and the spots fill up fast.
My only concern with your post is that you referred to the breakfast as “Jedi Mickey”. The Jedi Mickey meals are the ones at Hollywood & Vine for Dinner, which has Mickey and friends dressed as Star Wars characters. The breakfast at Sci-Fi is with Vader and other Star Wars characters. Unless there is somehow something different on those days, that is my understanding of the character meals. Just wanted to make sure you knew which you were getting.

[quote=“perkins314, post:3, topic:11994”]
My only concern with your post is that you referred to the breakfast as “Jedi Mickey”[/quote]
Good catch. You’re right that breakfast features non-Disney characters (you meet Vader and Boba Fett on the way in and then Greedo, Jawas, and stormtroopers visit your table/car while you’re eating). Jedi Mickey and other Disney characters are part of the dinner at Hollywood & Vine.

Thanks. I didn’t realize the H&V character breakfast wasn’t Jedi Mickey.I thought it replaced the usual character breakfast. I’ll probably cancel that reservation.

The breakfast is at SCi Fi Dine In with the regular SW characters. The dinner is at Hollywood & Vine with the Mickey SW characters.