Star Wars maxpass strategy

Just for fun. Well, a little bit for real. Let’s take some guesses. For a trip end of July. Enter DL at park opening. Using maxpass, I grab fastpasses for 1 of the 2 rides. What’s my return time? 90 minutes later, could I still get a fastpass for the 2nd ride, and what might its return time be? I wonder if we could FP both the same day, or would have to split it into 2 days (I’m not waiting 4 hours, or so I say now)
I’m trying to remember a trip when RSR was pretty new, and multiply it, but I’m too old to even remember. Whatcha think?

1 Like

Are you planning on going in July? I cant wait to hear how your strategy works! For us we will have to skip it since the deluxe will be blocked out for a while. I know when the park is super busy I have such a hard time getting fastpasses for RSR unless I am right there at rope drop and I can only imagine SWGE is going to be way worse!!

yes, I’m going 7/19-7/23. Daughter has dance competition at DLH, so we kind of had no choice, LOL. Just saw it’s now opening in May, with controlled access by reservation through 6/23. and I think only the Falcon ride to start. not sure when Rise of the Resistance will open. If not by when we get there, then I feel pretty good about getting a fastpass for Falcon at some point during the day.

and just read no fastpasses to start. not sure how long that is planned for…

2 Likes

This is DLR. Maybe never. Not even Peter Pan has FP!

1 Like

PP lack of a FP is bc it would be an operations headache. It’s not a continuous loader so it would greatly compound the already slow-loading process. And unless they carve out space in the Christmas shop just next to it, there’s absolutely no space in a grid-locked Fantasyland to house a queue. They’ll have all this figured out for GE.

I can’t see why they wouldn’t get a FP in place for GE eventually (possibly once they figure out when Rise is the Resistance will open) and monetize the max out of the paid MaxPass increasing it to as high as the market will bear.

2 Likes

I was half joking / half serious. There are plenty of other attractions that are not grid-locked that don’t offer FP either. It will be interesting to see how they proceed.

Personally, I don’t think it will be as extreme as some people are making it out to be. There will be a surge at first but then it will be stable, not that much different than Pandora.

2 Likes

I hope that isn’t as extreme as has been speculated, but I am very pessimistic that it will be every bit as for Disneyland because of its already stressed infrastructure (parking, security, shortage of hotel rooms).

1 Like

This. And I can’t even imagine how the roads leading to the area are going to absorb the hit.

1 Like

Did you ready Tom Bricker’s article about the Star Wars land announcements? I feel like he was right on the money saying avoid driving, avoid Uber, avoid Lyft just get a close hotel & walk. When we go, it’s a road trip for us but we’ve always done the drive overnight to arrive in the wee hours on the first day of our trip, park the car at the hotel and then just leave it there until we leave to drive back home. Because parking at most of the hotels is so limited already, we really don’t drive it around Anaheim unless we really, really, really have to (or don’t want to walk to Walgreens/CVS). :laughing::laughing:

I think the reason that the SW rides won’t have fast passes because it will take people out of the park area for a bit. While the FPs allow for people to spend money and do other things, the reverse it true too. Engineering them to be busy standing in line can also help with crowds.

1 Like

Nslappin, is this a huge dance competition that will affect crowd levels?

I doubt it. We booked with group rate at DLH in January. If we didn’t book the rooms, someone else would have i’m sure. It may be crowded for other reasons, like Star Wars, but prob not for this. Although crowds have seemed pretty manageable so far. Will see what happens once the hard reservations period stops.

1 Like