Star wars dessert party question

we are considering doing the dessert party and i see its at the Launch Bay. If we do the dessert party, is it still necessary (or worth it) to do the regular Launch Bay attraction? Do you get to see all the “museum” type stuff at the party? what characters are at the party?

My husband really wants to meet Chewy! lol when we go to the regular Launch Bay, can we just do the meet and greet?

3 Likes

It is in the Launch Bay and you are free to walk around and check out the exhibits. You can also get in line to meet the characters–it’s just the regular line though and not just for the party. Last time we were there is April it was Kylo Ren, Chewie and BB8. There were Stormtroopers and Jawas who roamed around the Launch Bay as well.

1 Like

I have the dessert party booked for us in two weeks, and I was wondering the same thing! I think if we see the lines are short for Chewy or Kylo during the day (under 20 minutes), we might pop over for that and get that out of the way. Then we can roam around, eat, and interact with the exhibits more during the party.

I really want to meet Chewy, too!!

We have been lucky at the dessert party and the lines for characters haven’t been bad–I think because it’s late and people are getting in line for Fantasmic or getting a spot to watch the fireworks.

1 Like

so when you arrive at the dessert party, do you pass the lines for the characters first?? before going into the party??

The party is actually in the vicinity of the characters. We have had some desserts and then met characters. And then still had time for any last minute desserts.

1 Like

Thanks for the info! I think we will plan on skipping Launch Bay and Character meets during the day, then, and just plan to do all during the party!

1 Like

That’s a good idea. We felt like we had plenty of time during the party to eat and see the Launch Bay and characters.

1 Like

Last time I did the party we ate a bunch then walked over to see Chewbacca, walked right in. You may want to stop in Launch Bay to watch the movie beforehand.

1 Like

Going to do that too in Nov. Do you stay in Launch Bay until some cast member herds everyone to the viewing area or do you get there by yourself ?

Yes everyone was herded over together. They give you enough notice before hand so you can get a last drink or use the restroom.

1 Like