Standby

Are there standby queues, other than FJ, that a newbie should experience once?

Gringotts is a great line too.

2 Likes

But you see it in the Express line don’t you? The Express goes thru the bank for sure.

1 Like

I’ve never done it not EP except when it didn’t offer it but I believe there are scare actors in the standby line for Kong that you definitely don’t get in the express line but you can see the witch briefly at one point from my recollection.

1 Like

Also the EP line for FJ includes almost everything. Just not the dungeon (like passing the Potions door which you can hear something going on inside) but it has all the preshows

2 Likes

Gringott’s EP line goes across the bank but not into the bank. Also, the regular gringott’s line has fun little newspaper articles and things to read.
I believe EP skips all that (per my 2021 memory)

1 Like

really cuz I’ve seen all the moving newspapers in that hall where they used to take your picture, and I definitely remember walking thru the bank. Like on my scavenger hunt you had to count the number of goblins and you could do that in EP line. Maybe there is more in the regular. I’ve done regular once but it was when the ride first opened so the only part I remember being different was the outside part (which is boring).

1 Like

Do they no longer take your picture? I haven’t been since 2017 and I remember doing that. My mom was with me on a scooter and even though she didn’t ride she really enjoyed being able to do something fun after waiting in line with me.

1 Like

They haven’t taken my photo since pre-covid and I’ve been a handful of times since 2020.

Sadly, they do not. I regret not getting one with my family in 2018. They didn’t bring it back after the Pandemic

1 Like

Just an ironic story. We went I believe it was June 2021 and they still weren’t operating the elevator pre-show so you just walked right thru. We came back something like a week later (we went on a cruise and to WDW) but we added one extra day to ride Velocicoaster which had just released in that second week, and this time the elevator was fully functional. However, we got into the elevator and a young woman started to have a panic attack. I tried to explain to her that it was in no way/shape or form an elevator, just a floor that bounces a little like a trampoline as I had just seen it as just an opening the week before but in her head it was very real. She was in literal tears poor thing. If she had just come one week earlier!

1 Like

The UXP queue at ET cuts off a bit of the forest with cute statues & such. If the standby posted wait is under 20 minutes I’d recommend standby here.

You see almost everything - including the preshow. You get in a “parallel” lane that gets priority access to the first preshow.

There are other cool queues, but the UXP lane doesn’t skip the cool parts.

3 Likes

What about Kong, I’ve heard various opinions on that one.

1 Like

Oh, I see gingerSnaps543222 already mentioned that one! But I will gladly get your take, too.

Bummer, DH will never know what he’s missing.

There is the one cool animatronic, but nothing else. I do think you skip it with UXP…I wouldn’t call it “must do” if I had UXP. I’d rather skip the rest of that queue as it’s nothing but boring dark halls

1 Like

I think if you’re talking about the witch you can sort of see her briefly from a distance.

1 Like