Stairs in wait lines

We are planning our trip to WDW and I have a questions about accessibility. I can’t do a significant number of stairs. When we go to DLR, I use the wheelchair entrance for Thunder Mtn and Splash Mtn, as well as others like it.

I wish the parks would list these on their maps and accessibility guides.

Can anyone help me with which rides have flights of stairs either at their entrance or exit at WDW? Thanks!

Two that come to mind are Toy Story Midway Mania and Splash Mountain.

3 Likes

Flight of Passage has a lot of stairs depending on the room. I always ask for the room with no stairs.

4 Likes

I am always surprised by the stairs in the Space line, although there are only a few. That is a long queue! I would use an alternate entrance.

3 Likes

Bizarre. I don’t know if I’ve ever gone down the stairs. Always used the ramp. In fact, if you had asked me, I would have told you there are no stairs!

It’s funny, I didn’t think of that one because we always use the Fast Pass line that doesn’t have any!

Am I right that for that attraction they give wheelchairs a return time and then load from a special gate on the right hand side?

That sounds right, but I’ve never used that process!

If you ask/inform the CM at the entrance to the line, they will help you get to the best place to avoid stairs. They can send you the wheelchair/scooter route as necessary. It varies from attraction to attraction. We found it easiest just to ask at each attraction. You should not have to miss anything due to mobility limitations.

1 Like

We did Universal for the first time a few weeks ago and I was surprised at how many of the queues had a ton of stairs. I didn’t think anything of it because I only have issues with stairs at a few attractions at Disney. It wasn’t until the end of my first day when one of the attendants looked at the braces on my legs before a particular set of stairs and asked me if I wanted to use the elevator. When I asked ‘how many stairs are there’ the response was ‘a lot’. I was beat at that point from all the stairs earlier in the day and gladly took the elevator! We then knew we needed to ask from there on out.