Stacking Genie+ Lightning Lanes

You’re talking about practicing a grab at 7:00am, right? Not going through the whole booking process (minus payment), because you can’t do that, can you? You can’t get past the Edit Your Party screen?

3 Likes

Right. Just practice. Anyone at anytime can view the return times throughout the day. Don’t forget to take notes!

There are many non-typical booking times where you have minutes to book a time (that won’t change much) when going through the actual purchasing process. Where as a time like 7:00:00, everyone and their brother are battling so the actual return time you get is way beyond what you first saw.

11:00:00 is another good example too.

1 Like

Okay, but what am I practicing, other than poking the screen at a certain precise time? I don’t get any feedback as to which return time it actually got me, because all I see on the next screen is the option to edit my party, and that my entire party is ineligible because we don’t actually have a park reservation today.

2 Likes

You are theoretically practicing to view the return times that you are aiming for in your plan. Preferably after looking through the graphs from TP and Thrill Data to get expectations and a plan for your attempting schedule.

Again, most of the time return times will not change dramatically during the booking process. The exceptions are 7:00, 9:00 (off-site ILL), 11:00 (2 hrs after opening). And more and more of the data is showing that you don’t need to book at that exact time, but rather be patient and wait for Disney to release earlier return times that they had been holding back.

2 Likes

And THIS is the Liner hack we should all focus on :grin:

3 Likes

Just looked over your original post. I understand you need to book for late evening. But those two at 7:00 at one at 11:00 will be very tricky. But I’d love to see you nail this plan and score the 6 attractions in a 3 hr time frame. It could be doable.

I’ll give an example scenario for everyone here for myself. Off-site, not interested in SDD, and would do ROTR standby right before park closing. I’d plan a mid afternoon arrival. Try to book 2 G+ for before dinner and 2 for after. I’d also have Savi’s, IJ, ST, Oga’s mixed in to the day plan. I’m aiming for non-typical booking times, so I (hopefully) won’t have wildly swinging return times. Here’s what I came up with:

Book Return
#1 MFSR 8:00 3:00
#2 RNRC 11:15 4:00
#3 TOT 2:32 drop 7:00
#4 TSM 5:00 8:00
3 Likes

So here’s the thing.

Like… I work :flushed: Do I have to take aNOTHER day off for my trip before my trip to try this ridiculous dumpster fire of a product out?!

6 Likes

It is what it is

Do you want to be a master planner or not :man_shrugging:

Thanks Chapek :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll let you be the master here.

The strong grasp you have on this just :exploding_head: me

And Jeff too, but I think you somehow get into the nitty gritty even more.

My brain doesn’t work that way.

7 Likes

I appreciate that! But there is always something new to learn. And so much I said is just in theory, try it in the real world once :grimacing: :wink:

4 Likes

You’re staying on-property?

Do a what now?

2 Likes

Yes, at the Dolphin.

:laughing: I had to look that one up. I think it is a football term where the QB changes the play at the last minute? Someone correct me if I’m wrong…

5 Likes

@poohfanclub You’ve got the origin right.

1. In American football, to call out a different play at the line of scrimmage just before the ball is put into play, typically in response to some action taken by the opposing team. (An “audible” is a play changed in this manner.) The quarterback called an audible after seeing how the defense had lined up.

2. By extension, to change one’s decision or course of action in response to changing or previously unforeseen factors. I planned to take that route, but there’s too much traffic now. I think I have to call an audible and take the highway instead.

5 Likes

Nor my body, any more.

But brain certainly.

Our last 3 trips before Covid we’d gravitated away from fast passes almost completely.

On our next trip, we’ll do what we can with rope dropping our must do attractions following up with our usual off the beaten path stuff.

Leaving lots of slots for y’all. :sunglasses:

(not you, @OBNurseNH , the lightning genies)

1 Like

Clearly not an American :slight_smile:

Hitting your back button will work. After you add people to your G+ reservation, it will show you its last screen which has the time you will actually get and lists everyone on the reservation. For SDD, the time that it showed you when clicked “Book Experience” will have no relationship with the time you actually get, except that the actual will be much later. If the time it gives you is too early, click on the back button to see the previous screen then click next again until you get a time you like.

Although with SDD, I wouldn’t try too hard to get 8pm because it might mean not getting one at all. Just try for after 5pm. The 10 second delay was just on that one day. Another day 10 seconds might mean not getting one at all.

2 Likes