Spreadsheet for packing planning

I am planning our outfits and including that info on my disney planning spreadsheets.Tons of people make lists for packing. Seems normal to me! :blush:

Ok, this is where I have to admit that I have a separate tab in my planning spreadsheet (one for me and one for my daughter actually - DH is on his own when it comes to packing) which lists everything we’re packing and which packing cube everything is going in. The packing cubes are listed separately after the packing lists, and are colour coded (I have four sets…). Probably waaay over the top, but it does make packing and unpacking so much easier…! Both of us also have an “overnight” cube with everything we need to get ready for bed that evening, and the clothes we’re wearing the next day…

1 Like

Everything I do is intended to make my vacation itself as simple and as stress-free as possible. Because I’ll be sleeping in four different beds during my trip (airport hotel, house, Poly, YC) I want the process of packing for the next location to be easy.

1 Like

In that case I think the overplanned packing cube system will work marvelously for you! :+1:

I will be reporting back in staggering detail after my trip.

1 Like

The fact that you need a spreadsheet to pack shows how complicated your planning has become! A simple list should suffice.

Ah, but it’s not about needing a spreadsheet, the spreadsheet just makes the planning more enjoyable… :yum:

Not really. Do you throw your clothes into your suitcase at random? Or, as you work you way through your packing list, do you make a decision as to where each item is going to go? That’s all I’m doing. I’m just doing it in advance. I have a list just like yours. It’s just split into sections.

I don’t give a toss where it goes as long as I can close the case! And using packing cubes would add stress for me, not take it away. But I’m happy if you’re happy.

Different strokes…

Which would add stress for me.

I get hat it works for you, and apparently @lecras too. If you could see the state of my wardrobes and drawers, you’d know organising isn’t my strong point!

My t-shirts are on hangers in my wardrobe, arranged chromatically.

1 Like

Most of mine are on hangers too, haphazardly.

Sounds very much like my wardrobe, and the rest of the house. My husband once brought home a Toblerone mug, which he’d apparently got from an Easter egg at work. I made him throw it out since it didn’t match anything else in the kitchen… :joy:

1 Like

:astonished::astonished:

I know. I’m hopelessly OCD about things like that and always have been. I have other, redeeming qualities, I promise.

1 Like

Yes.

And I call my spreadsheet, “my wife”. Or, colloquially, “honey.”

1 Like

So, I’m sitting here thinking that we travel all the time and pack frequently and can packing for Disney really be that different than packing for any other vacation? Other than a parade blanket or cooling towel…what is so different about packing for Disney? I’m genuinely curious…I haven’t been in almost 20 years and we’ll be there in December, so I’m hoping that some of the “hot weather” things aren’t applicable to us but am blanking on what “special” things one would take to WDW…

1 Like

In my opinion, absolutely nothing. I have never understood this obsession with packing lists, “soft packing”, “hard packing”, etc. I travel for business multiple times a year, and the process for packing for a week at WDW is no different than packing for a week wherever (except I don’t need to bring “business clothes”). I guess the apple fell far from the tree this time; I remember my mother laying out each day’s clothes for the whole vacation on the bed. having her lists, etc. For me it’s throw a few shorts/pants. a handful of t-shirts, and a couple of polos in the suitcase, add a hoodie or a couple of tanks depending on the season, and enough socks and underwear (plus a few extra to) last the week. Pretty much everything “goes with” everything, so I just grab what I want to wear each AM.

2 Likes