Spread out fast passes?

Heading to Disney World at the beginning of May. Should we book all 3 of our fast passes for as early as possible, or spread them out? And try and get on a ton of rides in the early morning?

It’s kind of what you are able to get and what your plan for the park day is. If you are planning on getting to the park pre-rope drop then there are certain FP+ that you may not need to get because you can knock them out in the morning. Then there is the strategy to use your 3 fastpasses early so you can start looking for that 4th, 5th, etc fastpass during the day. If you spread out your FP+ you have less time to use a 4th or more fastpass on the same day. However, if you can only get a FP for 7DMT at 3:45 to 4:45 in the afternoon you should probably jump on that and then just try to modify it to possibly get it earlier. My strategy is to try to get stuff early so I can use extra ones for the day. And if you have 3 FP+ scheduled in the morning say 9-10, 10:10-11:10 and 11:25-12:25 as soon as you check in to that 0900 attraction you can try to modify the second one and try to get it earlier than 10:10 since you can’t have overlap. Hope that makes sense!

1 Like

We always rope drop MK, watch the show and high tail it to our first ride. Last time we did that, we waited 15 min or less in stand by for Peter Pan. I don’t start my FP until 10 or 11 if I can manage it.

This depends on what you want to do in each park and how you approach touring (RD, mid-day break, etc.). This is why I use the Optimizer to help me determine which FPPs will be best for my specific plan

I am not convinced about the “early FPPs” strategy as it means that you could be using your 3 FPPs at less than optimal times on the hopes that you can get additional useful ones on the day. Bird in the hand, I guess…

This is a very good point. Let the optimizer help you decide.

Link to a post with my strategy for using personalized TPs to help determine the best FPP reservations to get.

2 Likes

As others have said, it depends on what you want to do and where and when you want to do it. We’re doing RD and taking a 4 hr break midday for naps/pool time. We’ll be trying to do FP when the TP optimizer suggests for Epcot and Animal Kingdom but we’ll be stacking FP in the am in MK. That’s because MK FPs have more day-of availability for later in the day for the rides we want to do. Also, shifting the FP to the am didn’t lengthen wait times too much. It’s a little bit of a gamble, to guess that I’ll be able to get day of FP and that will save me more time in line than spreading my advanced FP throughout the day. I also have young kids that may want to ride certain FP rides over and over and day of FP can really help in that scenario. (If they’re available, of course.)

1 Like