Splitting the group for FPPs?

FPP day is next week and I’m trying to decide the best strategy. Traveling party is me, my parents, and my cousin. My cousin will ride basically anything and my parents and I, to put it simply, are wimps (thank you, motion sickness!).

The question is should we book our FPPs for rides we all want to go on or split it up so my cousin is guaranteed to ride what she wants? The only real rides this entails are Space and EE, since we want SDD for HS so she wouldn’t be able to get ToT or RNRC anyways. I’m leaning towards booking Space for her and Buzz for the rest of us since it’s close by, even though we usually wouldn’t prebook Buzz and instead try for a SDFP. I think this makes more sense versus booking us all for something like PP? Does anyone have experience/advice booking FPPs like this?

If you’re okay with splitting up on 2 rides like that then your Space/Buzz plan is a good way to do it.

1 Like

We are doing the same! I have horrible motion sickness and my youngest two don’t want to ride Space so we will ride Buzz instead while my husband and oldest son ride it.

1 Like

I always have 2 groups: older kids and dad who love thrill rides, and much younger daughter and I who can’t do them. Very easy. Plus, if there’s a hard to get FP it’s easier to get for a smaller group. I did that once for a friend who really wanted SDMT soon after it opened. He was the only one I got it for and I had the rest of us do something else at the same time.

1 Like

She can ride Single Rider on EE. So I would do an FPP that all can enjoy for AK.

For MK, she could RD Space while you guys ride Buzz rather than everyone having to use a FPP for that. Then you could use your other FPPs on something else.

Alternatively, my DH and I frequently have different schedules at MK. I go in the morning, he plays golf and comes later. I did not have any problems - even on July 3 - booking FPPs to match the ones we had booked for him later in the day. Hardest to get was HM, but other than that no issues. So, you could book her a separate FPP for her to use on her own for SM. Perhaps ride PM or do Philharmagic or Monsters Inc… something else with little to no wait while she rides SM w/ FPP. Book the same for your first/her second, your second/her third. Then, she will book her fourth to match your third. I hope that makes sense?

1 Like