Split stays, and moving luggage, redux

We are considering doing a split stay for our 2025 trip. If we do, most likely we would switch to SSR for the second half.

Now, I know in the past, they will move your luggage for you. I assume that is still the case. But what happens at SSR when we pick up our luggage? Will they just bring it to the room directly? Or do we have to go to bell services? If the latter, will they take us to our room with our luggage on a golf cart or something?

1 Like

I think they only take to your room at Deluxe Resorts, so SSR should. Depending on how busy they are, they might go up with you right away, or send the bellhop later. If the latter - it’s an opportunity for the CM to make some extra cash.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

When we did a split stay in December 2020, we actually went down to Bell Services and picked up our own luggage…but that was for a resort that was all in the same building. And they weren’t delivering to your room then due to COVID. But unsure how it is handled now.

I see three general options.

1. We arrive at our room in the evening, and the luggage is already delivered. (Seems least likely, since they would want a tipping opportunity.)
  2. We arrive at our room, and call them to bring the luggage. (This means we can tip them.)
  3. We go to bell services, and they bring us and our luggage to our room. (Again…tipping opportunity this way.)

The fourth option would be that we go pick up our luggage at bell services and then drag it across the resort. This option seems very un-Disney-like though!

1 Like

They should definitely be tipped!

Yes. In Dec they moved my luggage to my room at Pop, which I only learned after waiting at bell services to pick up my bags. Other people had to call bell services to bring it to them, often with a bit of a wait. I haven’t seen a clear pattern for when they are delivered or not. Plus by 2025 who knows what the policies will be.

1 Like

You can stop by and pick it up, or you can call from your room to say you are there and ask them to bring it up/over

Yes

1 Like

Okay. Thanks, all!

They will not do that.

And not because of the tipping, but because they want to know you’re actually in the room - in case you’ve been switched to a different room. They want to hand it over to you personally.

1 Like

There is a 5th option:
Take an uber to the resort on your switch day, and check your luggage yourself. I find this to be the easiest option. (that being said, I usually do my switch day as my resort day, so no park plans !)

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

While not a split stay, three times in 2023 I’ve arrived from the airport, dropped my bags at bell services and went right to the parks. When I dropped my bags at bell services I’ve been asked if I’d like to have my bags taken to the room when it was ready. I said yes and all three times, my bags were waiting for me in the room when we got back to the resort that night. All three stays were at Pop and we arrived before 11AM each time.

I have apple airtags in my bags so I could see the location of my bags so I knew they had been delivered to the room.

On the two split stays I’ve done, I called to bell services and asked them to deliver the bags to my room. Bags arrived within 10 minutes or so.

1 Like

That’s likely a no. Eats up both time and money to do that. That’s why I didn’t list it as an option. I suppose it is an option some folks…just not us!

Thanks though!

2 Likes

I’ve done this. It’s good for when you need or want to be in control of your luggage at all times.

1 Like

This is how it has been for my recent split stays.

1 Like

That is certainly why I said it depends on what you have planned that day.

In my experience doing this, the Uber is no more that 10-15 dollars max.
When you think of the $6 they charge to bring your stuff to your room and tips it really isn’t that significant of a difference.
I hope you find the right solution for your family and that it works out :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I am a control freak. So yeah :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes