Split Stays and FPs - as of end of March 2019

Thank you so much for posting here! We really appreciate you teaching us how this new system is working!

2 Likes

They definitely delayed actually cancelling any FPs. To the point that many, here and elsewhere, were thinking it was a bluff.

So although you cancelled a while back, when they ran the delete programme, it must have picked up on them retrospectively!

Thanks for posting!

1 Like

Ooo, the umbrella system…

Are you able to modify any of those? Or rather, can your friend? It seems like they have tightened that up, or it may have been a glitch!

1 Like

Can I clarify? I am reading it as the reservation you cancelled yesterday - the fast passes were deleted this morning. BUT the ones you made last month remained after cancellation and are still there?

Negative. I cancelled a reservation last month at like 40 days. Those have stuck the entire time.

I cancelled a reservation last week at 36 days and those FPP were gone the next day.

I cancelled a reservation today at 30 days. Jury is still out on what happens there.

Yes, that is what I thought. You still have the ones from last month. Thank you!

Please update us in the morning. Thank you for this test.

Thanks so much for the split stay info @Nicky_S and @Juls1020. We have our first family split stay I’ve been worried about this. Very good news!

Thank you for this news! I love doing split stays and our upcoming trip in July we are staying 4 different resorts. The only thing I worry about is the new system of fastest finger wins the FPP time. Especially those of us living in the west, who have that millisecond delay the east does not have. I would love to know what are the experiences of those booking 60 days out with this new first cone first get system[quote=“Nickysyme, post:1, topic:57505, full:true”]
First, apologies for the nw thread. I couldn’t find the one about the new FP system…

Anyway, whisper it quietly and keep fingers and toes crossed, but

It seems like they have reinstated FP booking across the whole of onsite contiguous split stays.

There are several reports now of windows opening up for all days at the 60 day mark from check-in day #1. I guess now they have started deleting FPs with cancelled rooms, they have reverted to the old system.

It would be probably be useful if people could reply with their experience of booking FPs from today onwards.
[/quote]

1 Like

FPP are still there today. Let’s see what tomorrow brings!

1 Like

Is it day 29? Thanks!

Yep. We are at day 29.

1 Like

Another split stayer who is very relieved to hear this. Hooray for common sense!

Of course, now I expect the FPP system to be blown up before my mid-Aug trip, and I’ll end up having to consider buying some FPP anyway. Ugh.

2 Likes

Update for today… Fast passes are still holding strong. Cancelled reservation at 30 days and at 28 days they are still there.

1 Like

Did you get a warning email before the fast pass were cancelled?

I did not.

1 Like

FP still holding?

Any other split stay people report having their window opened for both portions or their stay at 60 days from check in of first stay? This will allow me to redo my park per day schedule

As of today, the reports on multiple boards are consistent. It has been opening. Of course, it could change again tomorrow.

3 Likes

Thanks! Feels like it’s too good to be true to have it back

1 Like