Split stay, overlapping reservations and Deluxe resort advantages

Looking for suggestions/advice on the split stay I am about to book. This is my first split stay, so a lot of questions!

Currently, we have the 11 night package reservation for June 22-July 3, 2022 at CBR. However, after we just bought into DVC, I am planning to shorten the stay at CBR to 5 nights and book the remaining 6 nights at AKL.

Question 1. I would like to still keep the CBR reservation for ADR advantage and cancel within 60 days window. Does MDE still allow to link the overlapping reservations?

Question 2. I am hoping the FPP or its equivalent will return by the time we travel. If it is returned in the old form, would it be safer to have the park tickets purchased separately and not as a package with CBR? I am worried that FPPs will be cancelled if the reservation is shortened to 5 days.

Question 3. With the rumored FPP (Three Wishes?) advantage as well as evening hours for the Deluxe resorts only, would it matter how the tickets are bought (as a package, through Disney, third party, DVC)?

Question 4. I would assume the Deluxe advantages would kick in on the AKL check-in date in my case. Is this correct? If there is a Deluxe resort FPP advantage, would the booking window for these open 60 days before the Deluxe check-in, even if the tickets start date is earlier?

I realize the last two questions is only a speculation at this point, but would like to know what everyone thinks.

M[quote=“eug2506, post:1, topic:79902”]
Question 1. I would like to still keep the CBR reservation for ADR advantage and cancel within 60 days window. Does MDE still allow to link the overlapping reservations?
[/quote]

I have never had an issue double booking DVC/cash rooms.

Yes, I would book CBR as a room only or if it comes back- as a ticketless package (if there are dining plans and you want it).

It has never mattered how you have bought your tickets.

I don’t imagine they would change this? I would expect the benefit would be from check in morning through midnight of check out day.

2 Likes

Agree with everything @PrincipalTinker said.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

I guess my confusion with Q4 is coming from the fact that the first resort is moderate and the second is deluxe. With the possible changes to the fast pass system, what if there are different booking windows between the two categories? But, I guess we will know when it happens.

There were no differences in the past and in general (there was a times this was not true) FPs could be booked for both stays (unlike dining) especially if your tickets were not connected to a package (that could really complicate things).

1 Like

Good. It seems less complicated than I thought. My previous trips were all booked for a single resort and as a package, so I am trying to think of any complications doing things differently this time.

Thanks for your help!

1 Like