Split Stay Luggage Transfer during COVID

Has anyone had their luggage transferred between resorts for a split stay at Disney during COVID times? How does it work nowadays, if it’s happening at all? Do you take your luggage to bell services? Will they pick it up from your room? Where do they leave it after the transfer? The more details the better.

@ryan1 didn’t you have a split stay for your last trip?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

I’ve done it twice. I know @PrincipalTinker had a bad experience taking her bags to bell services and advises having them come to your room so the ticket is for sure in the computer. However, I don’t really have the patience for that. I took my bags to bell services at one hotel and picked them up at bell services at the next hotel when I got back from the park. I wasn’t in a hurry to get them but I don’t have small children either. Worked great for me both times!

2 Likes

I do recommend that after a liner friend had to get the AKL bell staff to look for my bags that were never “scanned” into the system. It was a tough lesson you only need to be taught once.

When AKL sent my luggage to FW instead of WL (close enough?) it was easy to track my wandering bags since I called from the room!

1 Like

Yes it’s still happening. Just as before.

Oh, I see you want details.

So you can call Bell Services and they will come and collect from your room. They will ask how many bags, any chilled or frozen (have these bagged up and labelled). And they’ll give you an approximate time to wait. You should tip as usual.

Or you can take everything down to Bell Services.

Either way you will get a receipt.

At the new resort the stuff will be at Bell Services. You can collect in person. Or phone from your room and they will bring it up. You should tip again.

If you had chilled &/or frozen stuff you’ll need to tell them, whether collecting or calling.

2 Likes

I did. We had our luggage moved from BLT to Boardwalk. We dropped it off at Bell Services at BLT on our way out to MK and the picked it up at Bell Services upon arrival at Boardwalk. They told us it should be there by the time our room is ready, and it was.

I know the recommendation is to have them pick it up…but we didn’t want to have to wait for them on their time, so we just carried it down ourselves, and then made sure I got a claim ticket, and that it had the correct number of bags listed.

We arrived at Boardwalk around 4:00 pm shortly after our room ready text, and our luggage was there. We didn’t even bother going to our room first…straight to Bell Services.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize they stored chilled or frozen for you! That’s nice. How do you recommend labelling? Do you bag in grocery bags?

Generally I save the bags they were delivered in.

2 Likes

I also had a terrible experience with the skeleton crew at AKL’s bell services in October, so it may just be a them thing. They came and got our bags to move them to our new room (in the same building) but then nobody could find them later when we got the new room. It was also a nightmare trying to get anyone on the phone, because apparently the phones weren’t working in the bell services office at Jambo House, so each time we had to call the main operator and have them connect us to Kidani bell services, who would then either radio over to Jambo, or take a cart and do it themselves.

2 Likes

I do think I will never trust them with my luggage again.

I have had some “weird” bell service interactions over the years: BC not allowing me to pick up my bags (insisting I had to call from my room because I had checked my bags the morning of check in) and WL not allowing me to go to bell services to check my bag (insisted they had to take them in the drive way), BUT AKL is the one I will personally move.

1 Like

I had no trouble in Sept 2020 and just this month. I brought my bags to the desk on checkout just because I was up early, I’m an obsessive control type, and I didn’t want to wait around in my room to have them show up.

When I arrived, sometimes I waited for the bags myself and dragged them to the room myself, sometimes I had them delivered. No problems any of these ways

1 Like

We saved the bags the groceries came in as well, and the boxes they brought our Costco stuff in.

1 Like