Split stay FastPasses?

Thanks, I realized after it was not the author. I guess I just assumed it was because of the tone.

There was a video on HS that said you could make a 2nd tier 1 FP if you only booked and used 2 a couple of months back. That video re wives a lot of comments on the blog but no one ever came back and said “right, that is a mistake”.

1 Like

It’s on the TP official blog, which is linked from FB

1 Like

That’s bad.

I couldn’t get a clear answer from the CM on why it was happening. His response ‘sounded’ like a shoulder shrug.

Although there are benefits, Disney Springs area resorts are not Disney owner properties. I would be shocked if the system saw that as a continuous stay?

2 Likes

Yes, a split stay across a DS and a Disney resorts will not usually be recognised automatically by MDE. Sometimes a CM may take pity on you but that’s the best you can hope for.

A CM took pity on me and gave me 3 bonus fast pass reservations as it wouldn’t work on their side. Eventually, I got an email saying it was fixed, and I could schedule another 3 fp reservations. 6 total for the split stay day i had

1 Like

Then I received incorrect info from my TA.

Most definitely!

1 Like

Right now I have 6 days in a DS hotel and then 8 at AKL. I was kind of getting excited to be so close to so much good food, but now I am second guessing my decision even though it will save a lot of money. I suppose if the DS portion opens for length of stay that wouldn’t be too bad…but one day at a time would be a nightmare!

Ugh! That sounds so frustrating!!! Did you only stay one night in DS?

The good news is both stays are long enough for you to get what you want FP wise.

And I think DS resorts get the length of stay perk at 60 days. I haven’t seen otherwise, although I must admit I hadn’t considered it could be day by day. So I hope you do.

Assuming that’s the case, I wouldn’t worry about FPs. You’ll be saving a fair amount staying there and will still be able to do everything you planned.

1 Like

I am pretty sure it will at least open the length of each stay.

2 Likes

Thank you so much @Nicky_S and @PrincipalTinker!! I feel a lot better now hearing this come from both of you!! Phew! Now I can get on with the fun part of planning!! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Yes, just one night. And as both my TA and the CM I spoke to when I originally linked my DS reservation said it would open entire FP window, we planned AK for our third park day hoping we’d be able to grab FOP. They were gone by the time I was actually able to book.

We have another split stay coming up this May. I will report back in March after our booking window opens. As with all things Disney parks, the policy can change at any time.

We have 2 nights at Bay Lake Tower followed by 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas
Same guest list for both.
Both booked on rented DVC points
FP+ booking day at 60 days from first part is 3/20
FP+ booking day at 60 days from second part is 3/22.

Ugh!! That is terrible! So sorry that happened to you!!

It has not changed as of now, the blog post as of today is wrong. It sounds like a great trip!

4 Likes

So has anyone booked FPs for a split stay since this blog post was published? I have my FP day coming up tomorrow for a split stay - first part is 1 day only, but I have been planning to make FPs for all 8 days (we do have tickets - 1 AP and 2 PHs - that are valid the length of the stay). Both of my reservations are on property.

The blog post is wrong. You can book your fast passes all together. Someone posted on chat today they booked their split stay fast passes.

6 Likes