Split Stay and Late Checkout

Does anyone have recent experiences with requesting a late checkout when you’ll be transferring to a different resort?
I’d like to spend the morning at the pool, shower, and THEN take our bags down for resort transfer. I don’t think we’d be able to do all of that before 11, though.

What’s the process for requesting late checkout? Does it cost something? We’re renting DVC, if that matters.

You can use the pool at your next resort on checkout day so why not check out of resort 1 and go to the pool at resort 2. No need for late checkout.

1 Like

I bit less convenient but a good option. Check out early than relax at the new resort, unless thats pool isnt as nice. Im totally cool with transfering in beach attire, lol. Check out n hang at pool if its an issue.

We’re moving from the Poly, so would really like to spend our time at that pool, on transfer day. After the morning at the pool, we plan to head to MK for the afternoon/evening. A noon-time shower/rest would really make that day go more smoothly.

The pools have changing rooms with showers near by. I would take what you need down to the pool with you, and then get changed.

Late checkout would really be up to the front desk. But occupancy rates at DVC resorts are always high, so there is little scope for a late check-out, since the chances are the room will be needed to be serviced for the same day.