Split Honeymoon stay - 12/19 - 12/31 (AKL Savanna View Club and Coronado Springs Prefered

Hello, last year Andrea and myself went on a vacation from 12/17/16 -12/27/16 and I proposed to her at Jiko on the 17th. It was a wonderful vacation and we did a trip report with our dining included. We are getting married in Michigan on the 12/16/17 and will be heading down to WDW for our Honeymoon.

We have 2 nights (check in 12/19, check out 12/21) at AKL - Savanna View Club room. This is a room only reservation and we are looking for thoughts and ideas for things to do during this part of our stay that do not include the parks along with food, as we won’t be getting park tickets for this part. We have lunch on 12/20 at Chef Art Smith’s Homecoming.
Any information or tips on how to best use the Club level would be greatly appreciated.

We will move to Coronado Springs for 10 nights, check in 12/21 and check out 12/31. On this portion of the vacation, we have deluxe dining, are going into the parks and will even be doing a Keys to the Kingdom tour. I thought I would include the list of our dining that we have.
Our parks and dining as of right now is
12/21 - Park - HS, Lunch - 50’s Prime Time Cafe, Dinner - Jiko
12/22 - Park - AK, Lunch - Yak & Yeti, Dinner - Tiffins (might change these around if we can get a ROL dinner package)
12/23 - Park - MK, Lunch - CRT, Dinner - Narcoossee’s
12/24 - Park - EP, Lunch - Teppan Edo (CLDP), Dinner - Monseur Paul
12/25 - Park - HS, Lunch - Mama Melrose, Dinner - Yachtsman
12/26 - Park - MK, Breakfast - Ohana, Lunch - Skipper Canteen, Dinner - Spirit of Aloha
12/27 - Park - MK, Keys to Kingdom tour with Lunch at Columbia Harbour House, Dinner - Citricos
12/28 - Park - EP, Lunch - Via Napoli, Dinner - La Hacienda de San Angel
12/29 - Park - AK, Breakfast - Tusker House, Lunch - Yak & Yeti, Dinner - Jiko
12-30 - Park - MK, Lunch - BOG (Out of Pocket), Dinner - V&A - chefs Table (out of pocket)
12/31 - Lunch - Whispering Canyon Cafe - no parks and we will be heading home.

Our plan, since it will be our honeymoon is to take it easy, not rush around. We had a great time last year but this time, we have decided to do it more relaxing
If anyone has and thoughts or suggestions we would love to hear them.
We will be posting more information and will be doing another trip report along with pictures.

2 Likes

What about the Sense of Africa tour? It’s spenny but it would be a great way to spend some of your time at AKL!

1 Like

That sounds like a drem Honeymoon! Congrats in advance to you both…
I would suggest getting tickets for Cirque Du Solei La Nouba (located in Disney Springs), in case you are into those kind of shows. I personally love it!

And for the park days… One dinning reservation I can never go without is Crystal Palace (MK) for breakfast! I swear it’s the best one around and a little underated if you ask me. I go back every time for “pooh’s french toast” (AMAZING!!!)

1 Like

Thanks, we will look into this tour. We are thinking about the Wanyama Safari.

1 Like

Thanks, had forgot about La Nouba, we will look into it.

We’re staying at CS during the same time (23rd dec-2nd Jan) . I’m doing the sense of Africa tour without the family (belated birthday present) which includes breakfast at Boma before it opens- it sound like they make breakfast and then let you loose on the buffet after. It is an early morning, but if you’re already at AKL it shouldn’t be too bad.

In terms of non park stuff, I’d say spend some time enjoying the resorts, maybe a trip to the Kennedy centre? I’ve not been yet, but these are things I’d put in my trip is we had more time.

La nouba is closing too isn’t it? It would be pretty special to see the final performance!

1 Like

The lounge area is rather small with limited seating so at peak times it can be challenging. There is a small area to the right of the section where cheese and crackers are set up. I believe you will really enjoy the nightly offerings. When I was there they had a chef freshly preparing small plates that included Farican inspired dishes including duck, pork and chicken. The chef is usually preparing two options. In the morning they had the best oatmeal I have ever had in my life. If you want something- ask! When I stayed at WL the staff made a point to tell me that if I needed anything at any time to just ring them. They tell everyone- if you want a beer at 7:00 am- ask- no judgement. I do not think the AKL staff routinely volunteer extras. I hope you have a magical stay!

2 Likes

You’ve got a great trip lined up already. Some great meals in there.

Discovery cove is great if you’ve not already done it. We did the VIP package and that gave us entry to seaworld and busch gardens for the duration of our stay

In seaworld lunch with shamu was a great meal

And in busch gardens we did a great close up tiger experience

Both of those were highlights of our holiday