Splash Mountain DL Closing Date Watch

There was an apparently erroneous article in the OC Register saying DL Splash Mountain closing date was May 6th, but that was later retracted. I’ll be keeping a close eye on news on this front! If you see any news, post it here.

4 Likes

I’m disappointed that BTM will be closed when we go, but happy IJ and (hopefully) Splash will not

2 Likes

MK BTMRR is better IMO. Though the DL version has the better effects at the end. I love both though.

1 Like

This is how I feel too!

@Jeff_AZ I like DLR better. The goat storyline makes the ride!

But then again I like WDW IASW better. I think I might do polls for rides on my trip report!

2 Likes

I liked DLR BTMR better, I think. But it’s close.

Splash definitely has/had more going on in WDW, but got way more drenched at DLR. About a foot of water came rushing backward on the floor after the big drop. I’m glad I got to do both versions within a couple of months of final closure.

3 Likes

That will be fun, especially if the poll happens after 4/12 :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I think there is more to the actual ride at MK. It feels longer and a little more wild. But DL’s version was the first one I rode and so I have an affinity for it.

3 Likes