Spirit of Aloha, Florida heat, and August trip

Hi there!
I am new to touringplans forums. I have planned many trips to Walt Disney World, but am feeling a little unsure about our upcoming trip in August. Our last visit was in 2012, and a lot has changed since that trip.
A little back story
This trip will be my DParents (72, and 70), my DH (48), and myself (old enough)
Both parents will be using EVC’s as they both have heart conditions

Our current trip that we are planning is August 24-August 31.
My family always enjoys Hoop Dee Doo musical review on our check in day. We were thinking of changing our dinner show to the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show, as this is the first trip without our children. My concern is the Florida heat at the end of August. I read that Spirit of Aloha is in a pavilion. Is the heat bearable? Should we just stick with tradition and attend Hoop Dee Doo?

It is hot but you are under shade so it is not to bad, but the show is not that good. I went last June and will not be going back even if it’s free.

1 Like

Come on! Tell us your age!!! :popcorn:

Despite the warnings we are going to give SOA a chance in April. That said, the weather then is much milder than in August.

I would go with HDDR in August. When the kids were small we did Mickey’s BBQ and while it was fun it was very hot - also outside under a pavillion. For arrival night, after a long day of travel and perhaps an early morning wakeup, I would want to be relaxed and comfortable. And guaranteed a good time.

2 Likes

Stick with HDDR.

2 Likes

Take their advice and go with HDDR. SOA is NOT worth the money you pay. The food is so so and the way it is served leaves something to be desired. Don’t let anybody kid you. It is Hot. If you are going to go, go to the late show when it is somewhat cooler. You are outside unlike HDDR. My opinion only but we would not waste our money again on this show and dinner.