Space 220, looking for reservation

I am so excited to get to WDW this upcoming weekend. I will be there from Sept 3rd through Sept 11th. We are staying at AllStar Movies. I am ever so grateful for this community here in touring plans that have helped me plan my trip. :slight_smile: I am trying to get reservations at Space 220. How often do people cancel? Any advice out there for trying to land a reservation.

my plans are
9/3 Saturday- MK
9/4 Sunday- HS in the am. then Brown Derby at 11:30am, then Epcot at night.
9/5 Monday- AK all day, Tuskar house 9:45am, then TRex restaurant at 8pm
9/6 Tuesday- MK in the am, CRT at 12:30pm then park hop to Epcot most likely
9/7 Wednesday Epcot in the am, Topolinos at 11:30am then Boathouse dinner 6:30pm
9/8 Thursday. HS in the am, then park hop.
9/9 Friday MK in the am, then Topolinos at 6:40pm
9/10 Saturday HS in the am then park hop to MK
9/11 Sunday- we leave home.

I would love to score Space 220 but if not then I will choose another restaurant.

So far I was looking at Tepan Edo, Coral Reef, or Ohana.

1 Like

Have you tried a reservation finder? Touring Plans has one for free and I also use paid ones like MouseWatcher (which you can pay for individual ones) or MouseDining (where you get a monthly subscription and can search for as many as you like but make sure you cancel!).

I was able to get a Space 220 Lounge reservation (which they let me upgrade to the full menu at the podium) last January. I got several pings that they were available and always by the time I clicked reserve they were gone until on my way home on the bus from Magic Kingdom the night before I wanted it one popped up about 10pm-ish it was after fireworks so maybe was later. I went as fast as my little fingers could go and got it! No more dings came thru so that was the last one that someone dropped. If people are gonna drop it’s usually the night before to avoid the $10/person fee.

Touringplans: Disney World Dining Reservation Finder (touringplans.com)
MouseWatcher : Dining alerts for Disney restaurant reservations
MousingDining: Disney Dining Reservation Alerts - MouseDining

3 Likes

thanks for the tip.

1 Like

If you didn’t have food plans already for the day you have Epcot in the morning, I’d say go line up before opening and they can probably get you into the restaurant or the bar (I don’t think the Lounge does walk-ups), but I don’t think there will be anything left by the time you hop to Epcot.

If you were willing to start at Epcot on Thursday and hop to HS you might stand a chance at getting something walk-up.

When booking for 2 people I have been successful with booking in the lounge using the reservation finder (You can get full menu there if you choose) When I was last there in May there were people in the walk-up line, so that is certainly still an option.

As of last week, walk up line was ONLY for the main restaurant or the bar. Not the Lounge.

I got a reservation for Sunday :). I still can’t believe it. I also got a reservation for Friday night at Topolinos. I am so excited for my trip.

4 Likes

Yay!!! That is exciting.

We booked the lounge and we were at the bar. I’m not sure that the lounge is a specific area.

You were seated against the bar? Should not have happened if your reservation was for the Lounge. The bar is literally the area at the bar and while just behind the Lounge seating is not part of the Lounge seating.

I heard the woman out front interact with multiple families and she was very clear. Restaurant had some availability for walk-ups, Bar was ONLY walk-ups, Lounge was totally full.

1 Like

They weren’t taking walk ups so I assume all of us sat at the bar had booked the lounge.

Sounds like they overbooked the Lounge that day.

1 Like

I have all of my reservations for next week except space 220 and topolinos. I just changed reservation finder from the main restaurant to lunch at the lounge.

What are everyones top choices for drinks and food at space 220?

2 Likes

I only had chicken and waffle and the celestial cosmo but thought both were excellent.

2 Likes

You need to cancel your trip. I’m going to hire you as a reservation finder. Full time.

5 Likes

I had the short rib sliders, the chocolate cheesecake, and The Nebula cocktail. All DELICIOUS!!!

1 Like

I just came back from my trip and here are my reviews:

Brown Derby- was amazing food, the grapefruit martini was to die for. I would definitely go here again.

Space 220- all I can say is wow. food amazing and atmosphere is wow. I would come here again.

Tuskar house- good character meal. I enjoyed my meal here and it never disappoints

Trex restaurants in Disney springs- food was okay, not great, bathrooms were discusting. I mean like almost every stall was ewww… and there was a mountain taller than me of paper towels in the garbage can in the bathroom, and I am 5ft tall. you can tell its not a Disney owned restaurant

CRT- nice atmosphere and good food. I wish all the princesses were back like it use to be prior to covid. cinderella was the only one there.

Topolinos breakfast was AMAZING!!! food was a 10/10. characters are there and go to all the tables over and over. great view. loved this place. will come here again

Boathouse- great food, great atmosphere. will come here again

Crystal palace- they took us as walk ins, it was storming at magic kingdom and I came up and asked if they took walk in reservation for family of four and they said yes. food was good, not amazing but good. it was nice to have a warm cup of coffeee while we waited for rain to finish and see the fireworks.

California Grill- best amotsphere, views of the entire magic kingdom, food was good. will definitely come here again. I booked California grill last minutes on Friday.

8 Likes