Southwest vs Spirit. My first time on a Spirit flight

I’ve heard this. There was no line today but honestly I’m not planning on checking bags with them so it’s not an issue for me. I thought it was interesting in Orlando that the bag check was completely automated without employees. I wonder if that’s normal.

5 Likes

I hate those pretzels. :rofl: I took pics of the menu in case anyone wanted to see it.

7 Likes

Cheese tray!!! Perfect!!!

5 Likes

Having now flown Spirit I 100% agree with this statement. I had no idea exit rows could have so much room.

5 Likes

I :heart: :cheese:! Also, are you in Orlando yet?

4 Likes

No. Just getting ready to take off from Las Vegas. Should be there in 4 hours. Not my ideal flight times, but sometimes you just take what you can get it!

7 Likes

Absolutely! I’m just glad to be home. We debated going home Spirit vs SW, but SW canceled the flight we were looking at tonight, so I’m glad we went with Spirit, but driving home in snow in a state that can’t handle snow isn’t fun. So many truckers have wrecked.

7 Likes

Glad you got home safely!!!

5 Likes

I think this is more of an industry wide problem. They cram these flights so full; they’re operating on a razors edge.

5 Likes

We loved the Alaskan Airlines cheese and fruit trays.

5 Likes

How did you feel about their complimentary balcony door?

5 Likes

I missed out on that once-in-a-lifetime (especially if you had the window seat) experience. :boar:

But the mini charcuterie trays were worth every penny.

3 Likes

Probably.

1 Like

I always get these. Especially because if I’m flying Alaska, it means I am on a flight that is at least 5 hours. And if fornsome reason I don’t eat it on the flight, it is great to have in the hotel fridge.

4 Likes

Yes! That’s what I ordered!

1 Like

The tray coming home was much bigger than the tray going. But coming home there was no seat pocket but plenty of leg space. Apparently this is the new Spirit seat. It was comfy.

9 Likes

I should give Spirit a try. I only flew them once, and I swore I never would again, but that was many years ago… :thinking:

Thanks for the review.

8 Likes

I don’t think it’s an issue with Spirit. I stayed in line at least that long to fly SWA. It was awful.

2 Likes

Same! Had that many times.

3 Likes

I’m taking Frontier for the first time next week, and I expect it to be pretty similar to Spirit. The final price was significantly higher than what was listed per ticket because I bought a bunch of extras, like picking our seats, carry ons, and trip flexibility. Just like Spirit, there are no free refreshments on flight, so pack your own.

3 Likes