Southwest Schedule Changes

Oh nice! I must have missed those fares! When are you going in Oct??

10/30 for Wine & Dine

Ah fun, we leave the 26th! I would not dream of skipping Halloween at home anymore.

1 Like

The timing of this race weekend has been very much of a source of angst among everyone for whom Halloween is important.

1 Like

It’s an important holiday! Disney should do like we have to do for school events and consult the “holidays to avoid list”!

1 Like

That and the “other major races especially Worlds” list

Spring Surprise conflicted with London this year, and that was problematic for anyone (crazy enough to be) trying for a Perfect Season.

1 Like

I’ve flown with my girls several times. They are 14 and 16. I never pay for seat position, and we always are seated together. Also, even though your backpack is supposed to go at your feet, if there is extra room in the bins nobody has ever cared if we have thrown our bags up there to give us a little more legroom.

1 Like

@OBNurseNH and @heathernoel
Is there any way you could send me a screenshot of this header? I am on the app right now on my phone, but I don’t see such a message.

You have to go into your trips and select the flight that was impacted.

As soon as you open that on the app you should see that header

2 Likes

Got it! I see it now. Thanks! :heart:

1 Like

Mine are only 5 and 8 so I am hesitant to risk not sitting together just yet.

2 Likes

Honestly it’s not even that for me (mine are 16 and 20). For me it’s that it’s a lot more disruptive to a party of 4, and more difficult to bob and weave, if issues arise than it is for one person. It’s a lot more expensive to impact a trip (missing days, canceling) for 4 people than for 1.

1 Like

This is absolutely the main reason I won’t fly Spirit/Frontier with the kids, especially after the fiasco in Iceland. I don’t want to risk cancellations, etc. (Although JetBlue keeps doing me and DH dirty!) But the price also isn’t even that great when I have to factor in buying seats and luggage.

Rant: My company makes me book travel using their software. It won’t let you book a flight if there is another flight that is >$150 cheaper. You can sometimes get around this by making the parameters very narrow. But when I flew home from MCO for my conference it basically forced me to fly Spirit. Fine, it was just me. But I ended up paying $171 in bag/seat fees! 1 checked bag, 1 carry on bag and an aisle seat which cost me $30 on Delta on the way down to MCO. I refrained from the $4.99 bottle of water. So there goes your $150 difference athena! I sent a well worded letter to our CFO but we shall see if they actually remove Spirit from the search engine because it isn’t the bargain your search engine thinks it is.

1 Like

The confirmation emails I have always received basically stated that if the child is under 15, you will automatically be sat together. But I certainly get not wanting to take that risk.