Southwest fare change for fall

You just made my day. Now if something happens to our October trip, I won’t be out all that money.

2 Likes

FYI, I know a lot of people are dealing with cancelled trips. We received our travel funds for our cancelled trip with the extended expiration date, but were previously told the Early Bird Check-in fees were not refundable. I’m not sure if anyone else uses Early Bird, but they are now refunding the early bird fees for a LUV voucher for future travel.
Just wanted to mention in case anyone else was in the same boat!

2 Likes

That’s good to hear that there’s been a chnge of heart.

2 Likes

The early bird is transferable though if you reschedule the flight, isn’t it?
I’ve had to reschedule ours several times now.

Blursday. It’s all Blursday.

3 Likes

Yes. I’ve rescheduled our flights three times and the EB has come right along with us! LOL!

1 Like

I just got a notice that there have been changes to my flight. It’s my understanding by them
making changes I qualify for a full refund instead of flight miles. Before I call, can anyone verify & if so is there any special “verbiage” I need to use to get my money back?

@OBNurseNH - you seem to be an expert w/ flights & SW - any help?

I did this for my June flights. I saw that my flights changed by more than an hour (received a new flight number). I called and had it sorted out very quickly. I stated that since my flight was cancelled and modified that I was eligible for a refund. I asked how I go about doing this. They said they had to have it approved but that it would be no issue.

1 Like

I actually am not sure the legalities on that.

Are the changes detrimental to your trip?

I’m on hold

It’s about an hour different on each way. In a normal world, it wouldn’t bother me. Since these aren’t normal times, I would prefer my money back than “miles” - even if they are valid until 2022.

1 Like

@OBNurseNH - They game me my money back with no questions asked!

3 Likes

Good to know!

My flights changed, both by an hour, but both in my favor :smiley:

Our flight keeps getting the change for free offer due to Covid. We keep slowly getting closer to our new goal date in November. I swear it was only a couple weeks ago I moved our flights, and then today I was able to push it back another time.

The operator did mention that I was eligible because I hadn’t modified the flight in any way. (So I don’t know if that helps)

1 Like

I’m going to call later. I have had two separate flight changes. The most recent was just under 4 hours difference. It appears both of my direct flight numbers were cancelled. I too would rather have the money instead of the credit.

My flight changes were less than an hour on each change. After my call, I found out there is no minimum time requirement to qualify. If they make any change you can get a refund.

Thanks! They are refunding me. I am very happy with the outcome

1 Like