Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom timings

The lanterns in the second floor window of Flimflam’s are my bane! I’ve never been able to cast that Incendio spell! My daughter can do it easily and other kids will walk up and make it work. I’m the “dumb Dad” everyone laughs at waving his arms around! I’ve had my wand inspected my other wizards / witches and it’s fine - just me! One day I’ll get it!!

1 Like

People mentioning a wand are talking about Harry Potter.

Sorcerers uses cards, like playing cards or trading cards.

2 Likes

Thank you! I remember using cards for “Scorcerers” too. I’ve not seen a wand thing, other than the store, at US

Yes, what Nickysyme said. Sorcerers = cards, Harry Potter = wands. Sorry for the confusion!

1 Like

hahaha I’m easily confused :wink:

I did a bunch of the SotMK with my 8 YO last week. He (and I) really enjoyed it. 5 would be too young for my kids. We did the Pirates Adventure with 3-6 YOs a couple years ago and they all enjoyed it, but it was a much simpler and easy to work game. And it’s closed now. The CM who was managing the end of the PoC line said it wouldn’t be open again “for a very long time”. But I also decided not to pay attention to what a lot of CMs say after one in EP said no rides would open till 11:00 which was patently false.

We’ve never done SotMK yet but my kids want to. Do you have to start a new game each day, or does it “remember” where you left off?

On my way out of the park I stopped by the fire station and peppered one of the ‘kids’ there with questions about how the game works. It was really interesting, but I’m kind of a sucker for that kind of thing. He said as long as you use the same MB, the current game will stay on it for a year from the last time you played.

2 Likes

great to know, thanks!

It remembers where you left off but only if you use the same magic band. Don’t ask me why or how, but it really is linked to the band I believe.

You can pick up a new pack of cards each day as long as you played at least one portal the day before.

3 Likes

Thank you! We’ll have to remember which bands we’ve worn then. I guess that’s what pictures are for LOL

2 Likes

I thought you can pick up a new pack of cards per MK day?

I think you do have to have played at least one portal with the previous pack. Otherwise people would just collect a gazillion packs (‘tho one portal is hardly going to be difficult given you start right next to the fire station).

1 Like