Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom timings

I think Sorcerers works best when the kids can read the screen themselves or you are playing as a family group.

Our first time was a “challenge” because my youngest really just wanted to play the card and paid no attention to the visual clues to the next portal or the written clue. And of course wanted no help.

When his elder brother joined in the next time they played together and got on with it a lot better.

For that reason I’d say 8 or 9 is a great age because they can pretty much do it themselves and have the patience to actually follow the game.

3 Likes

I only have a small connection, as I occasionally watched the original series that aired 1987-90 as a kid. The new series started up again in 2017, so not surprised at all your kids who grew up between the two wouldn’t even have heard of it.

1 Like

:rofl: I feel like you just described my experience with life. I can envision this exact scenario taking place. We shall wait! But he would definitely love Duck Tales! Woo hoo

2 Likes

I’m not even sure Duck Tales is shown in the U.K.

Our favourite Epcot one was Kim Possible. We did a couple of the Agent P missions. Both of which we were familiar with.

I have a very telling photo that my DH took of me and the kids playing Agent P that suggests the same was happening during our first go at that game when they were smaller LOL

1 Like

There hasn’t been any recent news coverage of it, So I am guessing it is still in progress

2 Likes

The current version of Duck Tales is really very good and entertaining.

But, my wife cannot understand why me and our 15yo daughter love to watch this show.

3 Likes

Me too, I also had the video game!!!

1 Like

I think it was the only video game I ever played enough to beat. It was fun!

1 Like

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t there a spot in Liberty Square to get cards also? Been a long time but I kind of remember that.

Edit: I just looked it up and couldn’t find it, so I’m mistaken or they changed it.

Yeah only at the fire station

1 Like

I remember Duck Tales but not Agent P. My kids know both with Disney+

1 Like

Yes, there used to be a second location, “a generally less busy kiosk is behind Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe in Liberty Square,” per TP’s blog. I didn’t readily find mention of when that one closed.

1 Like

We really loved Agent P when my kids were 9 and 12 I believe and the pirates adventure. They liked sorcerers at that age too but not as teens. “Boring” I’m pretty sure is what they said last January. Is Ducktales open yet in Epcot? We’re going next Wed. I like these things very much. And you don’t always get the same screen or interactive effect as the person in front of you btw so watching someone else do it doesn’t mean you’re at the same level or stage within that level. I haven’t tried wilderness explorers in anima kingdom but if you’re interested in these things there is that too. I think I’m gonna give that a try next week.

And my kids know what Ducktales and Rescue Rangers because I brainwashed them from a young age with all my childhood favorites with the dvds! I’m glad they brought it back. That show was my after school for years in elementary. And tailspin!

1 Like

Ahh, my childhood. Simpler times.

1 Like

Now my kids want very little to do with me I bought my own wand so I can be a “kid” and do them myself. I get to do it this weekend. I’ve always just watched them so I’m really excited to be a little selfish. Ha ha ha.

3 Likes

Ok many of you kept mentioning a wand. I don’t remember using any wand the last time we played 2018. Is it new. And every time you say wand I think Harry Potter :joy:

It really is fun! Tip = Don’t make “big / dramatic” waves w/ your wand. Methodical and not too quick!

1 Like

The only one I had trouble was with the U-No-Poo in Weasley’s but when I asked I was told the sun glaring keeps the camera from reading the wand. My daughter held her hand over the camera and bam it worked! The secret one in Scribulus was anti-jinxed but I did all the rest! Has anyone ever done them in other countries or LA? We went to Universal Hollywood last year but we went for Horror Nights. We did get a quick ride in on Forbidden Journey & Hippogriff (both better than Florida’s versions) before they closed WWHP but no time for wands as they closed early. Are the interactive wand elements in all the parks the same or do they have completely different ones? Tokyo Disney is on my to do list so if they’re different there I’d be interested in visiting Universal there too.

1 Like