Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom Closing

I am soooo sad about this news. Especially since it was my sons number 2 (after SWGE) request for our (covid cancelled) March trip.

3 Likes

Ohhh! I loved the look of last yearā€™s wand! So jealous!!

1 Like

My kids will be sad to hear. We got packs in December and played a little bit, but were looking forward to doing it for real in September if we go. They actually talk about it a lot! The article mentions a change in the way guests use mobile technology, so I think maybe they will try to do something that doesnā€™t require keeping track of so many cards. I guess it was a little outdated, but my kids were enchanted with it!

2 Likes

Noooooo!!! I am very sad about this. @Keith718 and I have had so much fun running around playing SOTMK and I was looking forward to doing it next time weā€™re thereā€¦

:sob::sob::sob::sob:

Hopefully there will be some replacement to this.

1 Like

From what I can glean, the main problem is that the platform on which this runs isnā€™t fully reliable, and maintenance issues were becoming a regular occurrence.

And there doesnā€™t appear to be a replacement planned. The Pirates League and the Duck Tales reboot in Epcot are still planned to go ahead.

2 Likes

Thank goodness about DuckTales because no updates? I want that oneā€¦I loved Phineas&Ferb