Something Comparable to Magic Bands?

This is kind of a weird question. I am taking my 3 year old for his first tip to DL in May. He has been to WDW many times and LOVES the whole Magic Band concept. It seems one of his favorite things to do is to scan his band when using FastPasses. We are planning on using MaxPass when we are at DL so it will be on my phone. Is there something similar to a magic band he can use at DL? Or is my only hope him turning in paper FPs?

Paper fp don’t work anymore, they are just reminders of your fp window now_. You have to use your phone or ticket. You could buildup his ticket as a “magic ticket” that allows him into the parks and onto rides.

1 Like

Definitely let him scan his own ticket in! My kids like to do that every chance I give them. One thing to prepare you for is that in WDW the scanners have the Mickey outline that is such a tiny detail but makes such a huge difference. In DL the scanners are just a circle so just to make sure you are warned in case the Mickey outline at the tap point adds to the feeling for you.

1 Like

Adding on to this question, will my 2 year old be able to scan his magic band at dw, even though he doesn’t need fastpasses?

Yes! It will light up Blue instead of Green/Red. My little guy hasn’t been to WDW since he turned three. We went the week before his 3rd birthday so we wouldn’t have to pay for him :joy: He loved tapping his Magic Band. You can do it at the park entrance, FastPass and PhotoPass. I’m not sure if it links the photos for PhotoPass as we also scanned my band every time.

1 Like

I think only adult (Disney adult) memory maker get the pics. We get it included with UK tickets but it specifies it’s with adult tickets only.

Thank you! I anticipate that being one of his favorite parts of the trip.

I was thinking of wearing my magicband to DL as a practical joke, for whoever would see me with it. but my kids don’t think it’s as funny as I do…

2 Likes

That would be awesome! Keep trying to scan on rides! You would baffle the CMs!

2 Likes

DS has a Lightening McQueen MB and I’m sure he will be wearing it even if there is no need for it :joy:

1 Like

On our WDW trip in 2016 our daughter didn’t require a ticket but we still totally bought her a Magic Band and she LOVED having it.

My kids have worn their WDW magic bands to DL. I don’t think they’ve ever tried scanning them in (I think it was before DL had scanners to be honest since that’s a recent within the last year-ish change).

2 Likes