Some updates from around the World

Probing around some other sites, I’ve found these updates

1. Hall of Presidents is now open with a new show.
  2. Stitch will be open from Dec 23rd to Jan 6th and then will close forever. Replacement attraction has not been announced.
  3. The new Broadway-style theatre for Main Street is slated for a May 2020 opening. No word on what the first show will be.
  4. The new Cirque show replacing La Nouba will be based on Disney animation. La Nouba closes on NYE; no announcement of when the new show will start.
  5. The Edison, in DS, will officially open on NYE.
  6. The Miss Piggy fountain is back in front of the Muppets theatre.

No new updates on Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land.

3 Likes

For those who are interested, here is the complete text of the closing speech:

“From the beginning, America has been a nation defined by its people. At our founding, it was the American people who rose up to defend our freedoms and win our independence. It is why our founders began our great constitution with three very simple words: we the people. Since that moment, each generation of Americans has taken its place in the defense of our freedom, our flag, and our nation under God. These are the achievements of the American spirit, the spirit of a people who fought and died to bring the blessings of liberty to all our people. Above all, to be American is to be an optimist, to believe that we can always do better, and that the best days of our great nation are still ahead of us. It’s a priveledge to serve as the president of the United States, to stand here among so many great leaders of our past, and to work on behalf of the American people.”

Who’s voice is saying the closing speech?

2 Likes

My guess is Donald Trump from the Hall of Presidents. That show just opened. Of course, I may be wrong.

The Donald Trump AA delivers the final speech; he recorded the audio track.

A quick google search, and you should find video of animatronic President Trump’s speech.

Here’s a video of the whole show, including the film

http://www.wdwmagic.com/attractions/hall-of-presidents/news/19dec2017-video---new-hall-of-presidents-full-show.htm

I will be patiently waiting for the next ten years for news of a Mary Poppins ride in England!

1 Like

I spend a fair amount of time over in “informed rumor” land, and what the UK attraction will be (and there will be one) is still in flux with the tides. Mary Poppins and Brave seem to be the two primary contenders, but which one is in the lead seems to vary weekly. This week it’s Brave…

I’m from the UK

I must be out of touch I have no idea what “Brave” would mean or it’s link to the UK?

I’m off to google it!

Brave is about a Scottish princess, Merida.

1 Like

Thanks

I’ve personally never heard of her. But appears to be a made up fantasy Scottish princess

I much prefer it when parks theme the rides based around real British people like Mary Poppins or Harry Potter

Wink wink

1 Like