Solo Trip Report: May '18

100% agree. While the lack of crowds was a nice change of pace (AK was a zoo [ha!] on Friday) I was surprised at how few people were there. I kept thinking “this place is amazing… why aren’t there crowds lined up at the entrance??”

1 Like

Y’all. It’s raining gators and geckos down here.

It is quite possible that I may never be properly dry again.

#liquidpixiedust

3 Likes

I saw the weather last night and thought, “Oh, it’s gonna suck to be at WDW this week.” It’s a tropical low/disturbance that’s gonna hang around most of the week. Yuck! I hope it doesn’t completely ruin the remainder of your trip. :disappointed_relieved:

It’s making things more challenging (how does one juggle a drink, a snack, and an umbrella when one is alone and there’s nobody to help you get untangled from your poncho so you can scratch your nose?).

But as someone famously said, “poncho up and crack on!” :smile:

14 Likes

We really enjoyed KSC when we went!!

Also I we are going to Y & Y in August I just made our reservation the other day!!

1 Like

How did you get to the KSC from WDW? We’ve discussed making the same trip.

I drove my rental car.

1 Like

Thanks for posting KSC photos! We added a day to our upcoming WDW trip to visit KCS and I wondered if we were making a wise choice, but from your pictures, it looks like a day well spent. Thanks! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I highly recommend it. Enjoy! :smile:

Day Five was Sunday, so I slept in a bit and then drive about an hour out of town to attend church. I then spent a few refreshing hours just relaxing in my condo. I had dinner reservations at HS (HBD) so I headed out and it just barely started sprinkling when I got out to my car. By the time I pulled into the parking lot, it was a downpour!
:church: :movie_camera: :umbrella:

My first time at the Hollywood Brown Derby

Famous Cobb Salad and a Shirley Temple

Chicken breast stuffed with pancetta and guajillo peppers. :yum:

9 Likes

Day Six: Woke up to (still) pouring rain. My umbrella fell apart the day before so I stopped to buy a new one after checking out of my condo. Then it was off to Epcot one last time! I ended my day at Coronado Springs, where I checked in for my last two nights.

Jamaican braised beef

Gotta get my churro fix for this trip!

China

Pineapple hair, don’t care…

A poem in every painting and a painting in every poem.

France

Duck confit with Parisian gnocchi. My first time eating duck and it was sooo tasty! :yum:

This little pavilion always makes me miss England.

Canada

Living with the Land

My first time staying on-site!

I ended up in one of the Rancho buildings (pretty much the opposite of what I requested :laughing:) but I’m happy as clam!

By the time I wad ready to stroll around Lago Dorado and grab a bite for dinner, it had stopped raining. It was a lovely view.

16 Likes

Wow! You have some great pictures but that last one is very very beautiful!

2 Likes

Sorry you experienced so much rain but it looks like you powered through great. That last pic really is stunning.

1 Like

Wow beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

What sort of ancient relicry is this??

9 Likes

Looks like a vinyl picture disc. I think its actually a fairly new trend as I saw some of them on Record Store day. Great pics btw!

1 Like

These are fantastic pictures. You have a great eye! What kind of camera/phone are you using?

1 Like

Loving all the photos! Thanks for sharing!

Jealous of the AK music CD, have to look for it next time.

1 Like

Just my phone, actually! I have a Samsung Galaxy that is almost 2 years old now, but it takes decent pictures. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So, I got a day or two behind in my trip report, then the weather made the trip home more eventful than I would like (more on that later), then Thursday was right back to normal life: work, laundry, and Dr appointments… plus jet lag. :crazy_face:

The final installments will be posted over the weekend, I promise! :smile:

2 Likes