Solo Trip Report 9/3-9/10

I really, really enjoyed reading your trip report! You are a fantastic writer. I hope you and your mom have a great trip in September, I look forward to reading your trip report, lol! Are you ever planning on trying Universal Orlando as well?

1 Like

Thank you!

I am looking to go to Universal as well after this new trip (heh, bit of a big year), but Iā€™m kinda wobbling on it because Iā€™m finding it way more confusing to plan and, outside of the Harry Potter stuff, Iā€™m not sure if anything there will interest me.

Awesome! Universal is a much easier trip to plan than Disney. The details are really, really nice, and there is so much to see and do. However at the same time, you donā€™t have that same panic of not being able to see everything because it can all be done in a few days. As a Disney fan as well, I feel that itā€™s just as good as Disney. Also, weā€™ve gone many times, and there are things that I canā€™t go on anymore, but thereā€™s a lot to doā€”the lines for a lot of the rides is an attraction in itself. Donā€™t get me started on the Harry Potter stuff, we can be here all day, lol! Letā€™s just say, Harry Potter areas are awesome, and are worth the time and money even if one didnā€™t want to see anything else. Have fun!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got a solo trip coming up, so I found your trip report fascinating reading.

If, like me, you cheat and buy Express Passes, Universal requires no planning at all. You just do what you want when you want. I visited UOL on three days during my trip last year (not whole days each time) so I have a sense of what there is and where things are. Iā€™ve allocated two days to Universal in my upcoming trip but I donā€™t really expect to plan anything until I get there. Other than I definitely want to do Spider-Man, Kong, etc.

2 Likes

Thanks!

Iā€™m also looking a little confused on which hotel to stay at for UO. Apparently some offer early access while others do not. I was looking at their ā€œHarry Potter Package Dealā€ but simply booking that seems tough as I want to make sure that it gets everything Iā€™m trying to do.

Iā€™m so glad you came back and finished this! It definitely was a successful vacation.

1 Like

Sorry if what I just said was confusing. I only finished reading the last parts just now. Iā€™m late!!

1 Like

hahah Sā€™all good! Thanks!! :grinning::grinning:

1 Like

Before our most recent few UO trips, we never stayed on site at the resorts. However, the last few times, weā€™ve stayed at Cabana Bay, and loved it each time. From what I experienced and understood, all of the UOR hotels have early access, but only the preferred resorts: Hard Rock, Portofino, Royal Pacific have Express Pass. Each time weā€™ve gone, we went during a low crowd level, so Cabana Bay was a good choice for us even if they donā€™t have the pass. However, if we ever went during a busy season, weā€™d probably stay at one of the others for one night to get two days of EP. In terms of the HP package, I wasnā€™t a fan of 3 broomsticksā€™ meals when I ate there when Hogsmeade first opened up, so getting the package when Diagon Alley opened to eat there/ Leaky Cauldron wasnā€™t something I wanted to pay for.

1 Like

I thought the two Harry Potter restaurants were very poor. Go for the atmosphere (and the butterbeer in all its varieties) but donā€™t go for the food.

1 Like

Yes, the Butterbeer! After trying three kinds: cold, frozen, and ice cream, I found the frozen one to be my favorite followed by the ice cream. I would like to try the hot one sometime :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was seeeing that express pass is like $100 bucks per person per day, is that correct? With a few of us going(this will likely not be a solo trip), it seems to make more sense to spring for the preferred resorts?

It usually makes more sense to stay at a deluxe for at least one night (two days of express).

2 Likes

Randall, I loved reading this report when you first wrote it and loved it the second time as well. How much ice cream did you consume on the trip?

1 Like

Thank you!! I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

Regarding the ice creamā€¦ Yikes, I have no idea now. Is ā€œa metric butt loadā€ a legitimate form of measure? Cause itā€™d be that. :joy: