Solo Trip Report 9/3-9/10

Finally finished! I really enjoyed it, thank you.

1 Like

As always, thank YOU for reading it!

And Iā€™m glad you guys liked it! Itā€™s funny going back over it, I realized how long-winded I got. This whole thing was 70+ pages without pictures. Sheeshā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue: Uhhā€¦ sorry?

3 Likes

No need to be sorry! Every bit of it was awesome!! Thank you!!

2 Likes

Loved reading this! It was so detailed I felt like I was there with you. Thank you!

1 Like

As the writer of an extremely long and detailed trip report last summer, I had no problem with it! The more detail the better!

1 Like

Thank you for the awesome trip report. I loved it.

1 Like

That was wonderful! What a great report!! Thanks so much for taking the time to share it with us!

That picture on 7DMT is the best - and your button is perfect!

1 Like

No, thank you! :slight_smile:

Glad you enjoyed it! Thank you for reading!

Hahah thanks!

Glad to hear it! thank you for reading!

hahah thanks! I think the picture is good but a tad hokey looking back on it now, but yā€™knowā€¦ Disney nā€™ all that, so it works :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing your awesome trip report! Itā€™s been great to read as I prepare for my own solo trip this spring.

1 Like

Thatā€™s great! Youā€™re going to have a blast! My best [unsolicited] advice I can give is just to roll with whatever happens and you canā€™t go wrong.

I look forward to your report!

Absolutely loved your report! And your concluding thoughts are spot on. Disney is so special and any subsequent holidays (vacations) just donā€™t have that pixie dust and thatā€™s why we all want to go back againā€¦and again! Re-immersion at Orlando airport is tough!!
Your badge says it all :wink: Thanks for sharing :grinning:

3 Likes

Great report, thank you !!

1 Like

loved reading this! Thank you for sharing!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

hahah The airport was, indeed, tough. After a week of being constantly on the move, the sudden ā€œnothing to doā€ also didnā€™t do me any favors. And Iā€™m not only worried about other vacations outside Disney, but even if I would/could go back to Disney within the next decade, Iā€™m concerned I would almost be bored. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m being dumb, but I did do a lot and I canā€™t think of much I didnā€™t do that could take another week to explore/experience (though that doesnā€™t at all deter me from wanting to go back, if anything, Iā€™m eager to test the theory :smile:).

And thank you for reading! :slight_smile:

Glad you enjoyed it! thank you for reading!

1 Like

We have been to Disney 6 times, so far, and have never been bored! We go back again this Autumn. I still donā€™t feel I have done it all! We do have days away from the parks though, we are from the UK, so we want to explore a bit of America too. We have done beaches, air boat rides, the space centre, mini golf and of course Universal :wink: Even eating out at the many restaurants around 192 is an experience for us.
Also you will have to go back to: experience a more themed resort, try Avitar/pandora and the new Star Wars :grinning:

2 Likes

Fantastic report! Really enjoyed reading and thanks for all the effort youā€™ve put in. Next best thing to being there really. I canā€™t wait now!

1 Like

I enjoyed your trip report and wondered if you still had no plans to go back?

1 Like

Hah thank you!

No, the plans have certainly changed and Iā€™m looking to go back this September, celebrating my graduation from college. The biggest difference is this time I wonā€™t be alone as Iā€™ll be taking my mom with me (sheā€™s had a tough couple of years so I invited her to go with me).

Now that Iā€™m in the thick of planning, I have found it just as daunting (and addicting) as before. So many things that happened the first time are happening again, like waiting for flights to open up, hours to solidify, where to eat, and figuring out how to do as much as I can without burning out.

This new trip has some new challenges too. The added logistics of having an extra person, who does not move at the same speed or is interested in the same things as me, is definitely one of them. At the risk of over-sharing, her mental health is failing, so where it was originally supposed to be ā€œtwo solo trips converging at timesā€, is now being treated as ā€œone trip with me having to keep constant tabs on herā€ and that is providing the biggest challenge. Mostly in the communications area as Iā€™m trying to make it as easy as possible yet as unintrusive as possible.

To my great relief though, and unlike before, I am going into this with far more confidence in Disneyā€™s ability to deliver a ā€œmagical timeā€ so Iā€™m looking to make this her best vacation ever. I even have a fairly strong hope that Disney Magic will help her mental state a bit to where itā€™ll even turn out better than Iā€™m predicting.

5 Likes

I hope it works out great for you both. Is she excited or daunted at the prospect of WDW? and where are you staying?

1 Like

Thanks. Though sheā€™s not really either, if Iā€™m honest. Though sheā€™s been there more than I have, each time has been a chaotic mess because Touring Plans were not a thing, so I think thatā€™s tempering her expectations a bit.

She also says she canā€™t get excited because it doesnā€™t ā€œfeel realā€ yet. To help with that, Iā€™ve been scheduling ā€œdisney planningā€ sessions. Which is really just getting together to review my scheming thus far, watch a disney movie, watch some classic Disney programs about the construction of Disneyland or Disney World (which are kinda hard to find), and/or go shopping for the trip. So far, not really seeing an improvement cause weā€™ve only been able to do one.

As for where weā€™ll be staying, I took advantage of the ability to rent Disney Vacation Club points and scored a theme park room in Bay Lake Tower.

3 Likes