Solo for the Gold (9/29 - 10/3/2021)

Nice!!!

Did you uber/lyft to boardwalk area this morning?

Yes I did.

Phone battery is already at 80%. How does that happen?!?! Not sure it’s going to last to Ogas at 950

ETA I do have a backup battery for an extra charge. Hopefully that does the trick

2 Likes

@Randall1028 was experiencing fast drain the other day.

He turned everything off including, IIRC, wifi and findmyphone. Not sure if that fixed the problem.

1 Like

Good call on that one. Need the Wi-Fi though

3 Likes

Totally get that. Just be aware that the wifi will drain the battery as the phone constantly tries to connect to it in the background. I don’t know if there’s a workaround for that.

2 Likes

Yeah I had to reactivate WiFi. Find my iPhone was the main power drain though and I’ve been doing much better.

What would be better is the networks not be completely overwhelmed. It’s the switching of networks that is the killer.

5 Likes

Hmm I guess I’ll do it. Last time I was here I used up my data plan and it really sucked for a week or so with the slow 256k throttled speed.

See Randall’s note that FindMyPhone was the bigger culprit. He has reverted to wifi

1 Like

Rise went down right before I got into the interrogation room. Waiting like 30 minutes. They actually turned power off and back on. Very weird. It was pitch black for good 30 seconds. Classic IT answer, “did you try restarting the computer?”

18 Likes

I’m so happy that you made it to HEA! You earned your runner name with no need to tuck and roll at CR.

I feel like there should be a Liner badge for the true front of the line for RotR!

1 Like

:laughing:

1 Like

I don’t even need to be at MK for Go the Distance to make me cry! My son took skating lessons and at the end of every one they played a medley of songs while they had free skate. That was one of the songs and every week I was the weird mom crying on the bench.

12 Likes

The fact you have a name for this tells me you’re actually done it! LOL!

3 Likes

I’m the same. When it comes on when I’m out running I have to take a walk break because I’m crying. I’ma sentimental man.

9 Likes

I have 100% done this in real life! (I’m from Boston, come on.) But I have not yet needed to do this at WDW. I seem to find kind guards. But I would not hesitate at all to do it.

2 Likes

So I’ve seen at least three video production crews at the studio this morning so far. Tons of equipment

And just walked by a large crowd of suits.

Something be going on. :wink:

2 Likes

Really? It’s a random thursday in september…

Maybe just doing some marketing stuff

3 Likes

TRADITIOOON! TRADITION!

22 Likes

My Disney obsession is only rivaled by my Broadway obsession. There have been a few references already.

Also, my resort building is like fate.

9 Likes

Now that is wicked fricken awesome!

3 Likes