Solo (and first time!) Disneyland - Live Trip Report!

:scream::scream::scream:

4 Likes

Walked on to Buzz. It took me longer than I’d like to admit to figure out you can’t just hold down the trigger to shoot like you can at WDW. Gotta go try this again now.

12 Likes

:sweat_smile: at no point is it explained what the heck is happening so it’s just a bumpy car ride.

And Dinosaur still scares me every single time which is fun.

4 Likes

I was just working on my own touring plan and UG says that the ride there in DL allows for better/more precise aiming! Let me know what you think!

5 Likes

This is definitely true. You can pick the gun up which means you’ve got full control so the spin joystick doesn’t play as big of a role.

4 Likes

That’s more like it:

Walked through Tomorrowland. Caught the marching band and Stitch.

Then rode Space Mountain through the single rider line which was basically a walk on.

8 Likes

Did Stitch spit on you? :laughing:

3 Likes

Hahah luckily he did not!

2 Likes

Hit single rider for Matterhorn which took less than 5 minutes. Another great ride. The Yeti and being beside the car on the other track, all just great. This is harder to get in and out of than Space at WDW though :sweat_smile:

Waiting in line for Small World now.

10 Likes

I would love to hear your thoughts on SM.

1 Like

Oh how I wish it was Christmas time! I love IASW at Christmas!

8 Likes

BTW, you are sailing through the rides! I am impressed!

3 Likes

Space was great. I’m not positive which I like more. I think DLs is more intense, but there’s not much better than being in the front seat at WDW. Single person to a seat and. It being able to tell where the car is going makes you feel like you’re flying alone through space. Hopefully I can do it a few more times and maybe get front row to really compare.

6 Likes

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

I look forward to hearing your thoughts after a few more rounds. I feel like it is hard to compare the two. They feel like different rides to me.

1 Like

OK UG talks about there being goregous vistas of outer space and planets and such

I honestly have never noticed much of that at WDW beyond a few stars here and there

Is there a lot to look at?

3 Likes

There’s a lot more stars/galaxies I think. I agree that Space at WDW is just some random points of lights.

Gorgeous vistas may be a stretch since you’re flying by them so fast, but I’ll pay more attention next time.

4 Likes

Think I’m going to call it a night for now. Running on very little sleep and still obviously on east coast time. I’m grabbing a mobile order from Jolly Holiday and then may pop into a store or two as I head out down Main Street.

I’ll put together some overall thoughts on my first couple hours back at the hotel!

8 Likes

So worth a spin then.

Just been working on our touring plans all day so your timing is spot on for immediate help :slight_smile:

How funny - I just added Jolly Holiday mobile order “on the way out” on our first night to my plan a few minutes ago :laughing:

5 Likes

I think I like DL space better, but honestly it’s hard to tell. I mostly just like that they’re different. It made WDW’s feel more thrilling cause I didn’t know what it was going to do next. The reverse should be true for you at DL.

2 Likes